Roadster Mods I've done and more...

ponters

254 RWHP Lush Racing Engine
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hi guys, I need some help with what nest and extras. Please post your feelings and experiences with recommendations.

I have a matt black roadster 2010, So far I have
Removed secondaries
installed PC5,
tri filters
Neville Lush tune and de-ristricted gears 1-3
corbin seat
triumph driving lights
roadster screen
black triumph levers
new springs and oil in front shocks
Ikon lowered shocks
heated grips
tors
Rivco risers.
currently dyno'd 152hp at rear wheel

ok now for the advise on what next......
Ikon lowered springs suck, complained and they put heavier springs in but now it only sicks less so getting rid of them and the front springs as replacing with Wilbers nightline in next few weeks. ASR in Vic are doing them for me, I think these will be perfect. PM if you want my ikons, but dint buy them if you weigh more than 80 KG or you'll hate them and me for selling them to you.

Then I'll be sending it to Saint Lush oopps, Neville lush to do cams, valves pistons etc etc which will nett me about 220hp at rear wheel

Have a fella named Rick in SA that is building me a full headers and exhaust out if 3inch pipe and custom mufflers. I'll let you know how awesome it is.

I will get Nev to drop some decent brake pads in then it comes home for some custom work.

Thinking on scrapping the Rivco's and replacing bars with Burleigh bars as Im a short arse and want to lay back more. Any recommendations?

Going to replace brake and clutch cables...recommendations?

I need to upgrade lights as too dim when driving lights are off..Hid??? recommendations

Going to ceramacoat whatever I can in black and powder-coat most of it.

Any advise oh wheels? Maybe I'll get them painted black if I cant replace. Not too keen on the carbon look, advise on getting the carbon wheels then getting them painted black????

Want to upgrade the horn...I have the rivco electric but not installed yet. Any advise???

Also have the rivco ignition relocation but not installed. Should I?

I have the autocom under seat so can listen to music and communicate with others via cb radio. Power outlet for charging also underseat and led un wheel guards and engine bay.

Can you advise of any other must do mods?

Please comment on Wilbers if you have them as I haven't experienced them yet and would love to hear feedback.

Once Im done I will have rivco risers, tors, original bars, ikon shocks and fork springs to sell so let me know if you might like any of it. Oh also, I have the triumph gel seat that you can buy if you like as my Corbin is all I want to keep.

Mate theres f#ckall more you COULD do it :eek: , think you can safely say that a ' Done Roadster'... modifications sound awesome.

Did you win the lottery or something? Jesus that's a lot of money on mods! Well, if you can afford it all, it's whatever makes you happy, and all that should make you very :D

Let me know how awesome that exhaust is and what kind of numbers you get out of it. I'm assuming you will dyno it again just to see.

Hi guys, I need some help with what nest and extras. Please post your feelings and experiences with recommendations.

Removed secondaries
installed PC5,
tri filters
corbin seat
triumph driving lights
roadster screen
black triumph levers
Ikon lowered shocks
heated grips
tors
Rivco risers.

Ikon lowered springs suck, complained and they put heavier springs in but now it only sicks less so getting rid of them and the front springs as replacing with Wilbers nightline in next few weeks. ASR in Vic are doing them for me, I think these will be perfect. PM if you want my ikons, but dint buy them if you weigh more than 80 KG or you'll hate them and me for selling them to you.

Then I'll be sending it to Saint Lush oopps, Neville lush to do cams, valves pistons etc etc which will nett me about 220hp at rear wheel

Have a fella named Rick in SA that is building me a full headers and exhaust out if 3inch pipe and custom mufflers. I'll let you know how awesome it is.

I will get Nev to drop some decent brake pads in then it comes home for some custom work.

Thinking on scrapping the Rivco's and replacing bars with Burleigh bars as Im a short arse and want to lay back more. Any recommendations?

I need to upgrade lights as too dim when driving lights are off..Hid??? recommendations

Any advise oh wheels? Maybe I'll get them painted black if I cant replace. Not too keen on the carbon look, advise on getting the carbon wheels then getting them painted black????

Want to upgrade the horn...I have the rivco electric but not installed yet. Any advise???

I have the autocom under seat so can listen to music and communicate with others via cb radio. Power outlet for charging also underseat and led un wheel guards and engine bay.

Please comment on Wilbers if you have them as I haven't experienced them yet and would love to hear feedback.

Once Im done I will have rivco risers, tors, original bars, ikon shocks and fork springs to sell so let me know if you might like any of it. Oh also, I have the triumph gel seat that you can buy if you like as my Corbin is all I want to keep.

I can't comment on Wilburs but I have Hagon Nitro's on my Roadster and really happy with them. You don't get kicked out of the seat every time you hit a bump.

If you part with your Tors then drop me a line as I could be interested.

What springs and oil did you select for the front end and did it make much of a difference.

I have ordered some Rivco risers for my bike and was tossing up the idea of fitting some different bars from Flanders.

Goodridge hoses and Barnett cables are good quality items with lots of choices for colour etc.

I had lousy customer service from Goodridge last year and vowed to avoid their products.

Take a look at the HEL brake lines. They can fab up a set of black hoses with black fittings if you're trying to maintain the blacked out look. I got the 3-line set that matches the original configuration but +2" for the Rivco risers & pullback Classic bars to keep the lines routed in the original locations. I found rubber insulated "P" clamp fittings at the hardware store to attach the lines to the triple tree that actually work better than the OEM setup. PM if you need pictures, etc. and I can try to get a few for you if you go this route. Also, used Flip's superb machined holders for the fender....nice, strong setup.

Removed secondaries
installed PC5,
tri filters
corbin seat
triumph driving lights
roadster screen
black triumph levers
Ikon lowered shocks
heated grips
tors
Rivco risers.

The only thing I could suggest is to the headlight relay mod and then get some IPF XX Super Clear super low beam they are not cheap $160.00 but hell are they bright and even thought they empasis on the low beam being bright the hi beam is awesome, me being a night worker and have a short distance of country road I am really impressed they draw the same as std globes 12v 60/80w but output in equal to 150/190.
If I hadn't gotten my my Fournales for $400.00 I was planning on getting the Wilbers, after speaking to the guys that sell them, i of the advantages of being a Marshall at MottoGP at Phillip Island is I get to meet lots of National distrubtors of quaility part they are there tryiong to get the national SBK teams to buy thier products, being a melbourneite you should pop over for the MottoGp and look for me in the National Support Paddock, I'm the guy in orange with a ulysses leather hat most of the time and the one with the load voice when I have to fire up my team of fellow marshalls when we have to clear the Exit for the bikes to go out to the track to grid up:eek: if you do find me I might be able to locate the wilbers guy for you.
Oh and get your EBC HH brake pads from Flipmeister heaps cheaper than you will get them here and the Triumph brake set up makes them a cinch to do your self save yourself a lot of bucks

you're a pack of funny fellas,

NO lottery but retired from motorsport so in comparison to the $$$$ that used to go into that this is much more economical.

Will let you know on exhaust as soon as I get it.

Any opinions on the handlebars and suspension I'm proposing?
I don't really like the look of the Burleigh Bars offered for the Rocket , sure they could make you whatever you wanted if you were prepared to pay for them..Wilbers i think speak for themselves, considered one of the best although i read somewhere the 'custom made to suit the individual rider ' is just speil.

Ahhhhh!!!!!!!! You are all a pack of wonderful people! See Im getting the good oil on what i should be doing. Love it. Will let you know when im finished with tors as the custom pipes and standards are all i will need so they definitely be available soon.

Sounds like the risers with classic pull back bars might be a better option. I agree with comment about the Burleighs, look a little odd.

HANSO, the light suggestion is now on my list as are the ebc pads, cheers brother

tomcat... yeah, i think it is more where you buy them and final setup as i cant imagine them complete being custom, non the less i have only heard good things so great tp hear your positive response.

jrhorton... hel lines it is, cheers, will pm for the pics or post on here if you know how.
I have duel Hel lines on mine Ponters and i think they r great

Back