Rivco LED Conversion - Any Experience?

I don't know about that one, but I did get one of these and am quite amazed at how much light it puts on the road. At 3800 lumens, it is nearly double the 2000 lumens of the one you linked.

The reason that I got only one was that I bought it for the Enfield, but it didn't fit as it was too long at the back and interfered with the speedometer cable. So I tried it on the Rocket. It is a reasonably tight fit, as there is quite a bit of cabling, but it does fit.

There are some who say that you shouldn't use LED "H4" globes as they don't aim the light the same way that a "proper" H4 does. In this case, that is a good thing. The H4 on my Rocket is useless as far as aim goes. If the high beam is set to light up the road ahead then the low beam will show you what the front tyre looks like. If the low beam is set up correctly then the high beam will be searching for wombats in the tree tops. However, the LED puts a big, bright light coverage where it should be - all over the road in front of you. The high beam then adds all the light you need up ahead, and on the road where it should be. I shall be ordering another one for the other light this morning.

no experience but there's a good Youtube video of a guy going through the whole install with before and after tests with an FJR or ST1300, can't remember. It was well done and his conclusion, don't even think about it? PITA and no more light, just more blueish. He took it back out and returned it.

I don't know about that one, but I did get one of these and am quite amazed at how much light it puts on the road. At 3800 lumens, it is nearly double the 2000 lumens of the one you linked.

The reason that I got only one was that I bought it for the Enfield, but it didn't fit as it was too long at the back and interfered with the speedometer cable. So I tried it on the Rocket. It is a reasonably tight fit, as there is quite a bit of cabling, but it does fit.

There are some who say that you shouldn't use LED "H4" globes as they don't aim the light the same way that a "proper" H4 does. In this case, that is a good thing. The H4 on my Rocket is useless as far as aim goes. If the high beam is set to light up the road ahead then the low beam will show you what the front tyre looks like. If the low beam is set up correctly then the high beam will be searching for wombats in the tree tops. However, the LED puts a big, bright light coverage where it should be - all over the road in front of you. The high beam then adds all the light you need up ahead, and on the road where it should be. I shall be ordering another one for the other light this morning.
Thanks - the Cyclops seems like a real possibility. I'm hoping that someone will have some experience with the Cyclops and the R3T.

I would think that it will work well with the larger reflector of the R3T.

If the low beam is set up correctly then the high beam will be searching for wombats in the tree tops.
So that's why they don't work here. Not a wombat to be seen.

I stuck a Truck-lite in the Guzzi. I did experiment with HID in an R3 light - was terrible. I'm honestly surprised that a LED "bulb" works.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had the opportunity to try out these LED H$ conversion units from Rivco:
http://rivcoproducts.com/shop-by-ca...ing/led-headlight-retro-fit-kit.html?___SID=U
and if you have, what has your experience been?
It sure would be less expensive that the Truck-Lite setups.
Thanks.

Very nice to see you be still around, counselor!
Hope you have been busy riding and not so much with work.
Get the Daymakers! They be the best and you can afford them. :p

I would think that it will work well with the larger reflector of the R3T.
Not necessarily. Most 5&3/4" reflectors are by nature a compromise to an H4 bulb. Most 7" are well matched.
You well get more light on the road from a 35W sealed beam 5&3/4" than the Triumph H4.

I took the high quality H4 that was on my Rocket and put it in the Enfield and took it out for a run last night. The Enfield has a 7" light and it gave a very good pattern on both hi & lo beams. In fact, the pattern was just like the LED I put in the Rocket, only not as bright. The logical conclusion is that the OEM Triumph lights suck, but I think I already knew that.

Well, here almost a year later, the Truck-lite setup can be had for $160 for the main 7-inch, which is a bargain for some high-quality well-aimed light. You can get the ridiculous sealed garbage Triumph calls reflectors that's in the driving/fog light buckets replaced with Truck-lite 4.5 inch units for a package price under $400 easily for the whole set.

Having replaced the Triumph 7-inch reflector and actually handled it outside the headlight I can say it's cheap trash, too. So retrofitting a LED bulb is just not going to be as good as something made for the job, quite aside from it being illegal.

And since a decent LED "bulb" will set you back around $100... honestly, I see no reason whatsoever to not get the Truck-lite instead anymore, for those who aren't already rocking LED's.

Back