Ricor Intiminators, R3 Touring?

cr0ft

Living Legend
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring 2010
Anyone know anything about fitting some Ricor Intiminators onto a Rocket 3 Touring? Do the right size exist? Do they make a difference, if anyone has tried it? Tried emailing Ricor but didn't really get an answer. I know they make 43 mm variants which is the size of the R3T front shock. Sent them another question just now but thought I'd throw the question out here as well if anyone has tried it.

Edit: The original reply here below is almost certainly incorrect, Ricor linked me to a product for "Triumph Triples", assuming now they meant Bonneville & Co which have weedier forks than the Touring. Leaving the link anyway so the rest of the thread makes sense.

---

Got a reply from Ricor, so I thought I'd add the gist of it here, if anyone feels their front suspension needs a little something. Seem to be on sale at the moment, too.:

http://store.ricorshocks.com/product_p/043-10-1001tri.htm

Last edited:
I talked to them a couple years ago, they said they hadn't done one for the Touring yet, it's different than the Roadster, if I sent my forks they could make one and would do the install for free.

I talked to them a couple years ago, they said they hadn't done one for the Touring yet

Thanks, I've been trying to get a straight answer out of them for a while but all I got was the link to that set up there. I'm assuming those are for other Triumphs then?

That was a couple years ago, the page you linked wasn't very specific at all as to what they fit. "triumph triples" seems more likely to be speed triple, sprint, daytona, I doubt they have the same forks as a touring.

Agreed, there isn't much information. I specified that the Touring has 43 mm KYB forks, but maybe the Ricor guy just saw "Triumph" and thought he knew. Trying to get specifics out of them via email (I hate phones, plus the time difference thing... rather get it in writing at this point, frankly.)

Back