Returning to the forum

MRJ

No such thing as "enough"
Ride
Rocket, BMW R1200RT
G'day fellow Rocket owners.
I was a member some years ago but life got in the way...
Now live on the Gold Coast, QLD, originally from Darwin.
Ride a 06 Rocket the has a turbo shoved under it. As with most of us the bike has heaps of little mods the latest being RFID keyless ignition set up after the genuine key unit finally lunched itself.
Bike was featured in a Rapid Bikes mag a few years ago as they liked the sleeper concept of the set up. Keen to meet QLD owners to chew the fat with.
Cheers

Welcome from the west coast MRJ...I think half the world's population of R3's live in QLD so you should be pretty well sorted for some new friends

Welcome from the west coast MRJ...I think half the world's population of R3's live in QLD so you should be pretty well sorted for some new friends
Yep so I have been told, thanks for the welcome

Is your big girl silver? Would I have seen it in Darwin about 2yrs ago?...can't imagine there are too many Rockets in the top end...

Is your big girl silver? Would I have seen it in Darwin about 2yrs ago?...can't imagine there are too many Rockets in the top end...

Good chance of it. As far as I know there were only 2 in this colour up there. if you are a train spotter the single exhaust would be the most notable difference.

Good chance of it. As far as I know there were only 2 in this colour up there. if you are a train spotter the single exhaust would be the most notable difference.

My eye for detail would have picked that up at the time...however my ability to blend in with any culture means I drank far too much beer while I was there to remember it...

Welcome back @MRJ from Toowoomba. Lots of Rockets in this part of Qld. Yours sounds like a Rocket plus.

Thanks Clay. Yeah seems to be more action up the coast. Took the family up to Glasshouse yesterday and I'm pretty sure I saw more bikes than there are people in Darwin...

Yeah bike hoots along pretty well. Have turned it down a fair bit since I moved here. Too much poke for tootling around. I hate tootling

My eye for detail would have picked that up at the time...however my ability to blend in with any culture means I drank far too much beer while I was there to remember it...

Yep that's Darwin. So hot that it's always beer o clock

Back