Replacement Rear Shocks

Midlifecrisis

Standard Bore
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic
OK, I know that the benefits of replacement rear shocks has been well covered, and I add my enthusiasm for Hagon Nitros to the list. But I also want to say how pleased I am having gone for 340mm long shocks rather than the standard 320mm (for a Classic). I think the bike has a much better stance with the 340mm shocks and I'd swear that the steering is less ponderous. Not only that, but at 5' 10" I can still get both feet flat on the ground. Happy all round!

Good on ya!
I like the 340mm idea, but at 5' 11" my inseam is just 29" and WAY TOO short for them!

Steering would be less ponderous, as hiking the rear will directly change the rake and trail of the bike. Raising it a little in the rear shouldn't bad but you have given up some high-speed stability with that procedure, and it's easier to steer at low speeds. You're riding closer to a front-end wobble with an elevated rear though, and with sufficiently low trail (probably not achievable without modifying the actual frame...) it can get downright dangerous.

Don't Hagons have manual dampening? I had that on my last R3 and didn't know what to do with it. How does one know? I'm planning to get Progressive 444.

Back