Redesigned RamAir filter available for ordering

jpool

.060 Over
Ride
2011 R3 Roadster
Based on comments from @barbagris and @charlie farley on another thread about RamAir testing a new improved design for the throttle body rubber mounts, I just contacted RamAir to check when the new design is available for ordering.

Ryan from RamAir confirms that all new TR-111 filters are manufactured using the new tooling.

I'm not affiliated with RamAir in any way, but I think it's the best commercially available air filter that fits under the bear claw. The only thing that has been holding me back are some reports of the original base plate design cracking. Sounds like this issue should be addressed by the redesign, and I just put in my order. I'll post pictures of the updated rubber mounts once Royal Mail finds it way to California.

The RamAir rep called this an improvement in the design to make the fitment easier. Be that as it may, it sounds like there will be no recall of the existing filters. However, I hear RamAir has replaced any failed filter of the original design, and now they've listened to our feedback and designed improved rubber mounts. Given the low sales volume of any R3 parts, that's pretty good service in my books so I'm happy to support them.

Thanks for all the info!!! That's makes me feel a lot better regarding fixing up my new ride
I really want to get the ram air after seeing how much space it frees up under the seat and above the engine, and I also want to get the carpenter exhaust system fitted for my trike. I spoke to Bob this week and he said it's no prob to make it work for the trike so it's just a matter of time!

Based on comments from @barbagris and @charlie farley on another thread about RamAir testing a new improved design for the throttle body rubber mounts, I just contacted RamAir to check when the new design is available for ordering.

Ryan from RamAir confirms that all new TR-111 filters are manufactured using the new tooling.

I'm not affiliated with RamAir in any way, but I think it's the best commercially available air filter that fits under the bear claw. The only thing that has been holding me back are some reports of the original base plate design cracking. Sounds like this issue should be addressed by the redesign, and I just put in my order. I'll post pictures of the updated rubber mounts once Royal Mail finds it way to California.

The RamAir rep called this an improvement in the design to make the fitment easier. Be that as it may, it sounds like there will be no recall of the existing filters. However, I hear RamAir has replaced any failed filter of the original design, and now they've listened to our feedback and designed improved rubber mounts. Given the low sales volume of any R3 parts, that's pretty good service in my books so I'm happy to support them.

Is the filter material oiled? After how long do they need to be replaced? For a stock exhaust, is there much difference between the Ramair and triple K&N's?

There's a nice video on installing them. Would one of Tripp's triple filter tunes be appropriate for this filter?

I've been hanging back from getting the Ramair due to the base plate issues. Only just put a new stock filter in 1000 miles ago.

Being a Scot and liking to get my monies worth :oops: I'll wait until her next service and get the ramair installed then:cool:

My RamAir filter just arrived. While I haven't seen the original base plate in person, the new design looks much improved over the photos I've seen of the original one. The rubber collars are much thicker and they have grooves to match the throttle bodies.

I'm off to Laughlin River Run in a couple of days so the installation report will have to wait, but in the meanwhile, below are a few photos of the new rubber mounts.

ramair1.jpg
ramair2.jpg
ramair3.jpg
ramair4.jpg

Back