recall shifting sensor

rainman

Seabee can do
Ride
06 classic 2012 victory xr
mechnic at the dealer ship told us bout it yesterday sweettennbabe will pop out of 1st gear sometime the dealer is supposed to get back with us when he gets more info just wondering if anyone else has heard anything bout it

Nope

Haven't heard that rainman. The VIN inquiry page on the Triumph website still doesn't show any outstanding service bulletins or recalls for my '07 standard...
Mike

Most of us have found that you have to slip the clutch slightly when KICKING it into fist for it to hold. Just stepping on it to get into first does not fully engage thus causing the popping out in 1st gear under throttle. Very :eek: when other brand bikes are around.

Much like finding out what your wife likes, before she jumps out of first gear.;)

When I bought my R3 in 2004, my dealer told me to engage the clutch and release it before putting it into 1st. I always do this, sometimes I'll double clutch it and rev it, then put it into 1st. It has never popped out of 1st.

This weekend I was told by a Triumph mechanic there is some sort of upgrade or silent recall for the gear position sensor. He said on some bikes the neutral light will not always come on when the bike is in neutral?

Ive seen this a couple times on my r3t. The neutral light doesnt come on. I thought it was just me getting used to finding the **** thing. This is the most trouble Ive had finding neutral on a bike. Ill pay more attention to see if This should be checked at the dealer. I have come to the conclusion my dealer is clueless:mad: Thats too bad because they are about 10 miles away.

mutt

06 does something with 1st

2006 model, I must hold foot on the shifter when releasing the clutch in 1st gear. I can feel it click down when I take off. If I don't it will pop out to neutral.

Ive seen this a couple times on my r3t. The neutral light doesnt come on. I thought it was just me getting used to finding the **** thing. This is the most trouble Ive had finding neutral on a bike. Ill pay more attention to see if This should be checked at the dealer. I have come to the conclusion my dealer is clueless:mad: Thats too bad because they are about 10 miles away.

mutt

I agree with you, I shift past neutral all the time. If in first I usually have to shift into second then back to neutral.

Back