Rear light doesn't work Rocket III 2004

hogweed

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket III 2004
Just noticed my rear light doesn't work for how long i dont know, all the indicators and brake light work bulb not blown, i've checked the wiring back to the right hand side panel connector(red wire connects to yellow wire at block) but where does it all go after that .
I've had the tank up to fit a Ramair filter and remove the stock air intake could that have disturbed something also the left hand headlight has been opened,anyone got any ideas.Cheers

Hi hogweed,

The tail light and brake light are on two different filaments in the 1157 rear bulb. The brake filament may be OK but running light filament may have failed. Do you have a spare bulb to try?

Mark

Hi hogweed,
the yellow wire goes to fuse 10 and powered from the ignition switch, yellow wire also lights the parking lights in the headlamps and numberplate light if these all work it is probably tail light bulb easy change from under the rear mudguard. hope this may help.
charlie
has the monsoon season started in your neck of the UK I've just ridden through standing water up to my foot boards.

the tail light and park lights are on same circuit check to see if park lights are working. check #10 fuse or change. you can check #10 fuse with a volt meter and you can check the rear light socket terminals with the volt meter. hth
herman

ok will double check,thanks
Checked fuses all good ,but only .48volts coming out of rear light bulb holder and over 11volts out of brake light.how does one switch on parking lights on the ignition switch as I've never done it ,I can push the key down and turn it anti clockwise but that's as far as it goes,so I can't see if the parking lights work,doh

The parking light is one click past locking the handle bars. it turn on the little bulbs in the bottom of the head lights.

Ok the parking lights work ,i connected the block connector under the right hand side panel on the rear light side direct to the battery and the rear light worked ,so my problem is on the loom side of the block connector ,wtf now can anyone give me some ideas?

Back