dave64

Mr
Ride
Triumph Roadster 2010
Need help with brand and part numbers if possible for rear boards for the wife . I know some of you guys have fitted them and rate them for comfort.

Thanks in advance

Hi Dave

My wife found the pegs on the R3 terrible, her comment was she always felt like she was sliding forward and could not brace herself back with the pegs due to their position and ended up with cramps.

We looked at the floorboards but ended up getting the Rivco floorboards extenders and adapting them to keep the pegs. As per Scorp the boards were very expensive. She can now lock herself into position during heavy braking and is comfortable on long rides. I think she likes to be able to lock the heels of her boots onto the peg rather than having a flat board. Just our experience may be of help.

The wife gets sore knees and i thought maybe boards would give her more choice in foot placement to help with the knees

Hi Dave

Actually you are quite correct was sore knees, was a long time back sorry, its the lousy position of the pegs for anyone with slightly longer legs that normal. My wifes knees started to ache, moving the pegs forward solved this. Here's a pic of what we did (no pillion seat on at moment sorry, but when fitted we run a backrest and a reshaped rear seat). Suggest you experiment but this worked for us.
20151022_144125.jpg
018.JPG

The wife gets sore knees and i thought maybe boards would give her more choice in foot placement to help with the knees

My C109RT had boards and the Touring has them of coarse, you are correct Dave both the rider and pillion have a lot more choices of foot placement, I wouldn't like to go back to pegs for my size 13 plates of meat , even the Princess likes the boards for her tiny little feet:thumbsup:

Back