Rear Drive oil

Wrecka

Living Legend
Ride
2013 R3R
Hey im sure there's info on here somewhere in regards what oil to use in the rear drive but buggered if i can find it using the search engine.

Does this one look ok Spec wise ? Please dont recommend oils only available from bike shops etc , i usually work 6 days a week so i need available choices like supa cheap or Repco for products .

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...e-75W-90.aspx?pid=342314&menuFrom=60202#Cross

Doing this and an engine oil change this Sunday , i used this in the engine last change and all seems ok, but i will be changing it every 5-6000 klm

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/on...-4-Litre.aspx?pid=124144&menuFrom=60602#Cross

Going to try a suitable Car oil filter as well this time round

Can't speak to these places but I use Mobil one 75w-80 gear oil for the diff.

Some motor oil is not recommended for motorcycle use due to our wet clutch design. Buddy used cheap motor oil and had to get motor rinsed and clutch replaced due to slipping.

Wrecka I use Castrol Syntrax Universal plus 75w/90 in the final drive ,it is a full synthetic oil,you can get it at Supercheap auto,1 litre will last you for ages as the diff only holds less than 250ml

change my diff oil every 5000 with engine oil. the diff drain plug breaks very easy. torque to spece.

I'm not sure why anyone would put motor oil in the diff. 75/90 full syn gear lube is the way to go. Motor oil doesn't have the sheer strength that gear oil does for metal to metal contact. I use Mobil One 75/90wt available at most auto parts stores. Change every time the rear tire gets changed.

Ive heard good things about the silkolene brand so I think you will be Ok. Depending on the heat down under as I beleive you guys never really get cold except in the south. I woudl look at a 50 weight if its stays warm year round. I knwo Neville Lush likes Motul brands and I have heard soem good things about there oil from Mega Cycle Cams.

as for the rear Differential I would stick with the grade Triumph recommends. I use Mobile but that what they used in the early Rockets.

Rear drive oil needs to be rater GL-5. This will ensure the oil can take the shear it's subjected to. Don't skimp here.

Wrecka I use Castrol Syntrax Universal plus 75w/90 in the final drive ,it is a full synthetic oil,you can get it at Supercheap auto,1 litre will last you for ages as the diff only holds less than 250ml
Cheers mate thats the info i was after

change my diff oil every 5000 with engine oil. the diff drain plug breaks very easy. torque to spece.

CORRECTION
i meant every time i change engine oil at 5000 miles i also change the diff gear oil mobile syn. 75-90w.

Back