RamAir filter for Touring model ?

kmrmike

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Rocket Touring, Vulcan 1500 Classic
I was considering installing a RamAir filter on my 08 R3T. Went to E-bay and plugged in my info for the bike; year model, etc.....Said the RamAir would not fit the touring model...Is this true?

The question is not so much whether it will fit your bike but whether it will fit under the Touring bear claw. I suspect it might be a bit cramped but may well still work.

The question is not so much whether it will fit your bike but whether it will fit under the Touring bear claw. I suspect it might be a bit cramped but may well still work.

CanberraR3, thanks for the info..Mike

When I contacted the company, they said they had not fit test it to the touring. They also said if I got one, and it didn't work, I could send it back for a refund. You may want to send them an email.

bob

Fitted one a few weeks ago with TOR's to my 2008 Touring. Probably took all of an hour to do, its easy. I left the stock airbox for storage. I then did a 7,600 km trip and couldn't keep the smile off my face, completely different bike. On the instructions its says you can get away with the 12 min tune. But because I did the pipes as well I had it Dyno'd. They seem well worth it and have a extension harness so you can plug the air temp sensor in the back.

20131214_165811.jpg

Back