I called the rad a pizza box because its ugly as sin ..
looked into mounting HONDA RUNE radiator complete with grille it is a two pieces item and looks much nicer and provide enough cooling surface
but the whole enchilada is about $1800 . and right now I do not have the extra mulla for it but check it out, I made a clear print and superimposed it on the rocket,
it make the beast look sooo much slicker a real looker!!

Rune radiator would look great and well balanced. Would love to see that mock-up.
Might be easier to go for an M109 or even a V-Rod one though. They'd look(ish) OK too - although I have no idea about their cooling capacity on a Rocket. You could almost buy a whole M109 for the cost of the Rune rad. Well not quite but only a matter of time.

Just because the rune's radiator looks like it would handle the rocket does not mean it would handle the amount of coolant to exchanges on one cycle and cool it fast enough before the exchange happens again. My bet is if its a single core it will not. I have a smaller radiator done by Richard at TTS so there is room for the intercooler. he went to triple core instead of the single core. Just some things to think about.

I was thinking about asking him if he could do the same radiator but mounted on center of the bike. For the same reason.

I too would like to take the "pizza box" off and replace it with something more appealing. A quick internet search found this company. I'm not in the financial position to even start with this company and I don't want to waste anyone's time. Just thought I would post the link for all those who are interested. If enough of us are interested (in the future) -it may be less expensive if we can propose to this company that more than one-off is a possibility.

http://www.griffinrad.com/PDFs/customTemplate.pdf

I suspect the pizza box is that wide because everything behind the center of the box is engine. There is a stiff breeze of hot air flowing on both sides of the engine when the propeller up front kicks in and starts sucking air through the radiator, so to me it seems like putting on a narrow radiator that blows right into the front of the rather sizable engine and not around it needs some serious thought and planning.

I suspect the pizza box is that wide because everything behind the center of the box is engine. There is a stiff breeze of hot air flowing on both sides of the engine when the propeller up front kicks in and starts sucking air through the radiator, so to me it seems like putting on a narrow radiator that blows right into the front of the rather sizable engine and not around it needs some serious thought and planning.

I agree, which is why I believe a custom design would be better than retro-fitting something from another bike.

The radiator seems to be a subject that comes up every time I am asked what the Hell my bike is. In my opinion, if Triumph continues to produce and further develop the R3, the radiator would be the one of the first items that should be considered for redesign.

Back