Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Michelin Exedras

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

Tank

Supercharged
I'm interested in everyone's input. It's time for new tires. I got about 14,000KM on my stock Metzlers.

I was thinking about going to the Avon Cobras or Michelin Exedras.

I have a 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring with the ECU unlocked, RamAir and TORS so a chunk more than stock power.

Thoughts please?

I know it's been beaten to near death in the past, but I want to ensure there isn't any fresh opinions.

I'm interested in everyone's input. It's time for new tires. I got about 14,000KM on my stock Metzlers.

I was thinking about going to the Avon Cobras or Michelin Exedras.

I have a 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring with the ECU unlocked, RamAir and TORS so a chunk more than stock power.

Thoughts please?

I know it's been beaten to near death in the past, but I want to ensure there isn't any fresh opinions.
I don't know how you got almost 9,000 Miles out of the Metz, I barely got 6,000 out of mine. the Excedra Max V rated radial I now have on the front has 10,000 Miles on it now. I haven't seen an Avon V rated radial to compare for the front. On the rear I have an Excedra Max V rated radial to match, the first one ran almost 8,000 Miles till I picked up a nail and replaced it. I hope to get more out of the present tire. The wet performance and overall have been very good with these tires. I have Tors and a Triumph tune on a 2009.

I know I have an R3R not a Touring but I have Exedra Max on rear and Avon Cobra front and I'm very happy with handling, wear seems to be ok so far only 4,000km's to date and going well.

I also have an R3T with a dyno tune, RamAir and Tors. I put Exedra Max front and rear, only mine are made by Bridgestone ;). Improved the ride and the handling. When they wear out I will probably replace with the same.

bob

I also have an R3T with a dyno tune, RamAir and Tors. I put Exedra Max front and rear, only mine are made by Bridgestone ;). Improved the ride and the handling. When they wear out I will probably replace with the same.

bob

Yes Bridgestone.. I realized that error when I hit post.. I figured you lot would quickly point it out for me lol :)

I don't know how you got almost 9,000 Miles out of the Metz, I barely got 6,000 out of mine. the Excedra Max V rated radial I now have on the front has 10,000 Miles on it now. I haven't seen an Avon V rated radial to compare for the front. On the rear I have an Excedra Max V rated radial to match, the first one ran almost 8,000 Miles till I picked up a nail and replaced it. I hope to get more out of the present tire. The wet performance and overall have been very good with these tires. I have Tors and a Triumph tune on a 2009.
IGET about 10,000 out of the Metz and I dont baby my bike BUT you can burn up anytire if you try

Last edited:
My brother ran the Exedra (NOT MAX) on his Roadliner and was very disappointed in the mileage.
Handling was fine.

Back