Power-Tripp

Turbocharged
Ladies and gents,
I have had more than a few calls about Touring model performance. This should help out more than a few of you.

The Touring models are the same except for the exhaust and ECU calibration. BOTH are very restricted.The ECU controls the secondary throttles and actually closes them at higher rpm and higher gears. In the exhaust, the header is the same, but the box after the header is very restrictive. Slip-ons (TORS and D&D) really don't do much except for sound.

Neither do air filters under the seat. Triple K&N RU-2780 filters make a bit more from 4000-5500 rpm, but have the same peak power output as the stock air filter. The stock intake plenum and ducting actually makes more torque under 3000 rpm than triple RU-2780 filters under the bearclaw. It is not until you go to a full exhaust system that the RU-2780 filters make a difference.

A stock R3T or one with a slip-on exhaust tends to make ~86 hp on my dyno (~ 13% lower than a Dynojet), and 130-131 ft-lb of torque. Simply re-calibrating the ECU (mapping) tends to result in 115-117 hp, and 140-142 ft-lb of torque. A very nice improvement.

Attached is a "tune" for stock and slip-on exhaust R3T models, as well as a graph of output differences. Dashed lines are torque. Red is an R3T with TORS and stock air filter. Yellow is after tuning. This resulted in 43+ mpg cruising at 70 mph on 87 octane fuel. Speedo corrected for stock tire. Speed limiter raised. Ignition timing improved in lower gears. ENJOY!

You can also find this map on Tom Hamburg's TuneECU.com site under the custom Triumph tunes section.

R3T TORS graph.jpg

The first 30 hp are easy, compared to the next 30.

There is always another way to get another 30 hp, it just isn't free. And each additional HP costs more, and more. ;)

Rossi was supposed to complain that the Ducati was one mph slower than the Yamahas, and someone asked Jeremy Burgess what it might cost to make the Dukes that one mph faster.

He is supposed to have said "About a million......" :eek:

WOW!!!!!!!! Ill say again WOW!!!!!!!!! Power Tripp you are truly an awesome individual!!!!!!
Sorry to kiss so much arse.........but I have been waiting for this since I got my R3T in '09! :D

So now I can take my stock scoot and download this tune.....and when I get slip ons (for sound of course!:D) I will already have a very decent tune........and this gives me the reason to pull the lever on getting tune ecu (sorry tom! lol) and get my windows lap top updated now!!!!

Cannot thank you enough for this......you have given me new excitement for the bike!!!

mutt

Ladies and gents,
I have had more than a few calls about Touring model performance. This should help out more than a few of you.

The Touring models are the same except for the exhaust and ECU calibration. BOTH are very restricted.The ECU controls the secondary throttles and actually closes them at higher rpm and higher gears. In the exhaust, the header is the same, but the box after the header is very restrictive. Slip-ons (TORS and D&D) really don't do much except for sound.

Neither do air filters under the seat. Triple K&N RU-2780 filters make a bit more from 4000-5500 rpm, but have the same peak power output as the stock air filter. The stock intake plenum and ducting actually makes more torque under 3000 rpm than triple RU-2780 filters under the bearclaw. It is not until you go to a full exhaust system that the RU-2780 filters make a difference.

A stock R3T or one with a slip-on exhaust tends to make ~86 hp on my dyno (~ 13% lower than a Dynojet), and 130-131 ft-lb of torque. Simply re-calibrating the ECU (mapping) tends to result in 115-117 hp, and 140-142 ft-lb of torque. A very nice improvement.

Attached is a "tune" for stock and slip-on exhaust R3T models, as well as a graph of output differences. Dashed lines are torque. Red is an R3T with TORS and stock air filter. Yellow is after tuning. This resulted in 43+ mpg cruising at 70 mph on 87 octane fuel. Speedo corrected for stock tire. Speed limiter raised. Ignition timing improved in lower gears. ENJOY!

You can also find this map on Tom Hamburg's TuneECU.com site under the custom Triumph tunes section.

So can this be loaded to the bike using my laptop or does it require some type of tuner?

So can this be loaded to the bike using my laptop or does it require some type of tuner?

Software and drivers - TuneECU - Links

cables - USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program : Amazon.com : Automotive

Kmutt, and everyone else, I am just glad to help fellow Rocket riders. AND I am tired of hearing how the Touring models will barely outrun Harleys. This should change the game for many of you and may be all you need for performance for a while.

Give me a little time to finish up the testing on the new exhaust and intake and we will really change the bolt-on performance results. ;)

Back