Tracker557

.020 Over
Considering exhaust options for my R3T.

Consider the following;

1. While the OCD kid in me appreciates the symmetry of the 3 - 1 - 2 exhaust, the torque hungry man in me would be willing to settle for a 3 - 1 -1 exhaust.
2. The torque hungry man says "money is not a factor." Future me says, "you are gonna retire some day... right?"
3. All the guys understand that options are limited and everybody wants torque and decibels.

Options include D&D slip on, Carpenter Racing, CES (though I'm having trouble finding info), anything else people want to suggest.

I have D&D good quality but not to loud. If money not a problem I'd go with carpenter the have a new system out so you have your choice between the older and newer version.

I have D&D good quality but not to loud. If money not a problem I'd go with carpenter the have a new system out so you have your choice between the older and newer version.
New system from Carpenter still about 3 weeks out even though it's on Carpenters Facebook page now.

I gotta say i like my TORS in conjunction with the RamAir. Im sure it would be similar if any airbox system was used..

It makes the bike sound mean... That being said you'll never get that V-Twin sound.. Id love it if we could but alas...

I gotta say i like my TORS in conjunction with the RamAir. Im sure it would be similar if any airbox system was used..

It makes the bike sound mean... That being said you'll never get that V-Twin sound.. Id love it if we could but alas...

D&D little louder than tors. Carpenter drag strip loud when you drop the hammer, don't know about the new pipe. You do get that nice growl with a new intake system that only the driver can hear. Finally I'm glad it does not sound like a HD if I wanted that I would have bought an HD.

Carpenter drag strip loud when you drop the hammer

THAT is what I'm looking for. I had a set of Vance and Hines on my VTX and loved them. Sounded like NASCAR when you got after it. Great performance too.

I'll be interested in hearing what people have to say about the new Carpenter Racing design... that header looks like a pretzel but it seems like it would keep the heat off your leg more than the first version.

THAT is what I'm looking for. I had a set of Vance and Hines on my VTX and loved them. Sounded like NASCAR when you got after it. Great performance too.

I'll be interested in hearing what people have to say about the new Carpenter Racing design... that header looks like a pretzel but it seems like it would keep the heat off your leg more than the first version.
Most if not all the good custom pipes for the Rocket need good heat shields I guess they are not high on the priority list. I love the Carpenter pipe without a baffle its like Gabriel s Trumpet. with a baffle it's just really loud :D

Of course heat shields cost but to me they are worth it.

P3150080.JPG

Is there an ECU map out there that I can load with TuneECU for a set of Carpenter pipes? Follow-up question; if not, how can I find a dyno tuner for my Triumph (New England / New York)?

Back