Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
This problem started last year. The last day I rode it I went and filled the gas tank for condensation reasons. On the way home I noticed it would hesitate briefly if I got on it hard. Figured maybe I got some crappy gas I didn't think to much more about it. Start riding it this year. Hesitation is still there but only if you punched it hard in first gear. Put in some dry gas and went for a 200 mile ride Sunday. Seemed to run OK but not getting on it cause my sweetie is on the back. We were cruising back roads and I had to get gas at a little out of the way station. Right after that it developed a little miss on acceleration and even once in awhile just cruising. I'm thinking I got crappy gas again. Bought some sea foam on the way home from work today. Put it in and went for a ride. Started off ok but shortly got to running really bad. Wasn't sure I was going to make it home. I remembered a thread from some time ago. Might have been warp9.9 about re-crimping the low tension wires on the coils. Long story short that was the problem. Runs like a champ now. I love this forum !

Fred
I couldn't agree with you more. If I hadn't of found this group my Rocket days were seriously numbered. I was so fed up with this high idle bull $hit that I wanted to just sell it and be done with the Rocket. But with this site and the help the rocket is alive and well in the garage. As soon as I get a decision here from something I am working on I am going to put up a story for comments. Al

Gratitude for the story, Fred. :thumbsup:
Now I be all warm and fuzzy! :inlove
Love a happy ending and must now go cuddle with the wife unit.
:roll:

MB's R3R trike was doing the same thing when we finally got it home. Seafoam fixed her up. Gasoline nowadays goes bad in only a couple of months.

I would never have attempted TuneECU without the help from this forum. The very detailed info here made it a breeze to install a new primary TPS that has been working perfectly. I have only used the dealer to install fork seals, everything else I have done myself with the help of this forum. Makes owning and riding the Rocket much cheaper.

Back