Quick question - brake pads

my06rocket

.040 Over
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket 3
Hey guys, quick question - I know the user manual says the bike has to be upright to service the brakes, but I don't have any way to do that right now and I just need a quick 10 minute service on the callipers done. I just want to replace the pins (noticed during last pad change that there was wear on them, want to replace for a piece of mind) and put some anti-squeal on the back of the pads, I probably won't even have to spread the callipers - it should all be just slide-out/lube/slide-back-in (um, insert a "that's what she said" joke here).

TL;DR: Don't have access to a center stand right now - will it be ok to do a quick pad service on the kick-stand?

Yes no problems replacing rear brake pads ,a 5 minute job , my first set lasted 20000Klms second set less than 2000 ,same riding conditions , hoping to get a better result with the next set, :cautious:

I changed my front and rear brakes this past weekend , all I needed for the rear brakes were my fingers no tools required, the front brakes requires one allen key total time was about five minutes, The Rocket is one of the easiest bikes in the world to work on.

I changed my front and rear brakes this past weekend , all I needed for the rear brakes were my fingers no tools required

My guess is that you have one of the models that use the pin with cotter pins on both ends? Mine has an allen key on the rear caliper, I think 2014 touring models in Canada use these calipers too (saw at a dealer) but I can't find the part number for the life of me.

Back