Prospective owner just saying hello.

Yogibear

Standard Bore
Well I thought I would be polite and introduce myself as I'm taking advantage of all the great resource within this forum.

I currently ride a 2013 Yamaha R1 in Matt grey with Yoshimura TRC carbon exhausts and heated grips (it gets chilly in England) and although I really like the bike my circumstances are changing and I don't want to ride at warp speed but love acceleration and comfort.

I had a demo on a Rocket 3 Roadster a couple of years ago for about 2 hours and remember how good it was and was very close to buying one but didn't like the colours as I wanted a racing stripe (funny how they now have one)

Since then I have had a thunderbird 1600, VFR 1200, GXSR 1000, Multistrada 1200, ZZR1400 and had a BMW NineT on order but didn't go through with it. How fickle am I?

So my predicament is that I want a cool bike that will be reliable, a keeper and not date but still give me all the thrills so that I can ride with my mates who all have sports bikes. I would love a cafe racer but think the Thruxton is too small for my 6ft 16st (224lbs) frame

I know that you may be a little biased on here but do you think the rocket would fit the bill?

Many thanks in advance for all the replies

Well I thought I would be polite and introduce myself as I'm taking advantage of all the great resource within this forum.

I currently ride a 2013 Yamaha R1 in Matt grey with Yoshimura TRC carbon exhausts and heated grips (it gets chilly in England) and although I really like the bike my circumstances are changing and I don't want to ride at warp speed but love acceleration and comfort.

I had a demo on a Rocket 3 Roadster a couple of years ago for about 2 hours and remember how good it was and was very close to buying one but didn't like the colours as I wanted a racing stripe (funny how they now have one)

Since then I have had a thunderbird 1600, VFR 1200, GXSR 1000, Multistrada 1200, ZZR1400 and had a BMW NineT on order but didn't go through with it. How fickle am I?

So my predicament is that I want a cool bike that will be reliable, a keeper and not date but still give me all the thrills so that I can ride with my mates who all have sports bikes. I would love a cafe racer but think the Thruxton is too small for my 6ft 16st (224lbs) frame

I know that you may be a little biased on here but do you think the rocket would fit the bill?

Many thanks in advance for all the replies
YES!!.it will fill the bill ........... ..... if at my advanced age I still get the grin and heart pounding from the rocket III it must be just that.

Because Australia is ahead of the UK time-wise we are able to see your future before you do. I just had a quick look and I see a Rocket purchase. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Oh, and greetings from your convict settlement. :)

If i could go back 3 months i wouldnt change i thing, im 6'1 115kg and the Roadster fits me perfectly , although a few mods have helped me love it that much more.

Welcome mate,
I've said it a few times before.....
Less thinking-more buying :thumbsup:
You will fit really well trust me... I am a fat CLINT and it gets along with me on it quite nicely. :sneaky:

Just got mine and have no problems riding with my son on his cbr600rr. It's even kinda fun to see their face when you leave them behind taking off from a stop. I'm 6'3" 250lbs and very comfortable even with my pretty pillion.

Welcome from Germany! The rocket will have no problem "keeping up" with virtually any bike; even what she lacks in lean angle she makes up for in exit acceleration. There are a few riders I ride with that can leave me in the twisties when they really, really want to, but it's rare and it's not the bikes fault...only my desire to continue living ;)
For the most part I ride with everything from Busas, Fazers, BMW (RR & S's), to GXR and the rocket scrapes with them all and we enjoy spirited rides together. On the bright side, none of them are willing to stay on their bike for 10 hours and couldn't do it comfortably if they tried. My beast is comfort, power, agile, and speed all rolled into one!

Back