Please somebody start an interesting thread!!!

Lets talk age. I came down with a case of the "Shingles" this weekend. For the younger crowd, it is kind of like "Old Fart" chickenpox. The chickenpox virus reoccurs in your later years and appears in the form of the most horrendous itch you can imagine. Mine is directly in the middle of my back and completely inaccessible except for a tree or doorway. My Wife has taken to calling me Yogi, since I am always doing the bear scratch at every opportunity. People under 60 appreciate your health, after that things to hell in a hand basket. Sorry it is best I can do to stimulate this thread, got to find a tree now. **** I wish we had catus in Virginia........

Go ahead Brit,keep marking your territory:D

Has anyone thought of moving to another country after retiring ? My mom and 8 other women are thinking of moving to Belize or southern Mexico. Any suggestions or comments welcome.
Giving the direction that the U.S. and other countries are headed, a simple, quiet life in a almost remote area is very attractive.

Exactly what I was just talking about ... lol
We were tossing around the idea of Plya-del-carmen among others. It's an up and coming resort town south of Cancun. The northern part of the town is currently in development with a number of condo's in varying price ranges. We've been going there yearly for the last 6 years, it doesn't have alot of the problems places like Cancun have. It doesn't look like a run down Las Vegas with high rise chain hotels or dirty beaches, yet it has everything you need to live and shop. It even has a Wal-Mart. :rolleyes:
We liked it because crime is very low, the people are really nice and the economy is just busy enough.
Of course all that could change by the time we get to retire now, I'd really like to own a business there and leave now!

****! your ready to go. What about medical. Having doctors near is pretty much a requirement for seniors. Opening a business is the easy part finding a secure and comfortable spot is not. Look at cabo san lucas. Not long ago it was a quiet little fishing town and now its way to busy.

Small hospital in Plya, big one in Cancun. Don't know how good they are since I've yet to use one.
The wife wants to own a restaurant, I don't like that idea since I wanna be closed on weekends. I'd rather OWN a business rather than run it ...

So I have no idea which way to go .... that makes it easy to just not do it. :D
I think I'll wait until I can just go and sit in the sun while I await the reaper. ;)

Just about anything that you can sale to tourist and is made locally will make money. If you can provide services to cruise ships and hotels by hiring locals then you will make a little money without having to do allot of work. I feel you on the restaurant thing.
Everything is cheaper the farther away you get from a hot spot. Cozumel was selling the hell out of T shirts for $15 to $20 because they said Cozumel and probably made in Taiwan cheap!!
Most people can make it on just retirement without owning a business.

Mexicans want to live in the US,
Now Americans want to live in Mexico
What is this world coming to???:eek::D

Back