desertw0lf

.060 Over
So I have been running with the PCV for a little over a week. Done a couple 100+ mi rides and always go in and click "Accept AT Trims" after a ride. Bike has been running a little better, but suddenly after accepting trims last time when cruising between 3k and 4k RPM I hit a flat-spot, and the bike really drags down, it really feels like the bike loses power in that range, and it comes and goes. Accelerating hard through that range goes fine, it's when you're holding throttle at that range that it starts acting up.

What gives?

So I have been running with the PCV for a little over a week. Done a couple 100+ mi rides and always go in and click "Accept AT Trims" after a ride. Bike has been running a little better, but suddenly after accepting trims last time when cruising between 3k and 4k RPM I hit a flat-spot, and the bike really drags down, it really feels like the bike loses power in that range, and it comes and goes. Accelerating hard through that range goes fine, it's when you're holding throttle at that range that it starts acting up.

What gives?

I had exactly the same symptoms at 2000 rpm 5th gear cruising..
I was convinced it was the TPI as I had the old black one.
During the following weeks it got worse and was misfireing at 2000 rpm.

I changed the TPI for the Blue variety.. but the problem was still there, my fix was to reload the original stock map and set the GPi atre to 1 (K&M +TORS fitted) I also reloaded a simple PCv Base map, Sunday last went for 500km ride and bike was fine although perky as with the Custom maps.. It fixed the problem..

Now I have the WT PCv base map and a custom K&M-TORS map loaded so far so good. My conclusion was a corrupted ECU map maybe caused by me Accepting Tunes and Double clicking in error somehow maybe overwriting or Accepting a Zero Trim Map throught this... I don't really have any other explanation in my case..

Maybe someone else can pinpoint it..Hanso ???
JM2CW

I have noticed if you hold a certain cruise rev for period of time (in my case) 3,000rpm it will bog down a little when you go to accelerate I am only guessing here but after watching this a couple of times on a trip I found I was actuallylowering my throttle position to I suspect below two nessasary 2% and dropping back of the Auto Tune and on to the base map so I went in to the map in the ECU using TuneECU and in the 3,000rpm area and couple of squares around it increased the (F)fuel tables 5% this appeared to solve it now due to the fact that we all have different exhaust configurations it might be the same thing just at a different rev range. That is the only thing I can think of and if I had one critisism it would be that the Auto Tune does not come in till after 2% throttle
Otherwise I love it

I have the same issue, not sure of rpm, but holding about 50mph, I sometimes feel that flat spot.... I will give the 5% increase a shot and see what happens...;)

I have the same problem without the PCV & AT, but at higher throttle positions as in passing, as I let off the throttle she suddenly accelerates like the higher throttle position was the flat spot. Starting my PCV & AT installation tomorrow. Ready to experiment!

Rode the Harley to work today, first time she's been on the road for any length of time since I replaced the stator, rotor, battery and volt reg. She's running great but there's no comparison to the Rocket. ;)

I have Pcv but I don't run Autotune instead I went with a custom dyno map and she runs sweet no flat spots no complaints. So I think I will keep it as is. Just like the dyno guy said the Auto tune can cause problems as well as corrections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Pcv but I don't run Autotune instead I went with a custom dyno map and she runs sweet no flat spots no complaints. So I think I will keep it as is. Just like the dyno guy said the Auto tune can cause problems as well as corrections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It maybe an idea to turn off the AT when a good performance is obvious.
Ill try it when I go on a long trip maybe, but I want to hook up the gear connection first,

So far I've not experienced any of the above mentioned problems. My ECU only has the dealer installed TORS tune. That may be the difference. With the PCV and the A/T, one might want to go back to a stock MAP in the bikes ECU. Just a suggestion.

Back