pannier inner bags

triroketman

Supercharged
I was wanting to purchase a set of the Triumph Pannier inner bags, but I don't want to pay $110.00 a piece for them. I will rarely use them, but I thought they would come in handy but not at that price. Does anyone have an outlet for them that is cheaper or know of some substitute bags that will work as well.
Thanks for any info.
Dave

OK now, I'll probably catch a little flak for this, but I was needing something to line my saddlebags with that would make it easier to unload them. Not necessarily waterproof, just sort of a carryall for my saddlebag stuff. After looking at various motorcycle accessories I came to the conclusion that this hobby if for the considerably more affluent than I, so I did what any good Ole Southern boy would do, I went to K-Mart. I picked up 2 canvas "beach accessory" bags (I call them that for lack of a better term) for about $6.00 a piece (Clearance priced). They fit the saddlebags perfectly, have carry handles sewn in and have a nifty zippered little bag attached with a dummy cord inside of them. I use the small zippered bag for sunglasses, sunscreen, Slim Jims and the like, the wife uses the other for her "personal stuff." They aren't waterproof but the plastic garbage bag I keep down in the bottoms of them for unexpected showers dang sure makes them close to it. So for about 15 bucks, I've got water resistant saddlebag liners.

And as always, "Thank you for shopping K-Mart.":D

The OEM liner bags fit quite well with my Saddlebag Liner/Stiffener kit. The bags I borowed for the ocassion from my friendly dealer (to make the molds for the liners themselves, had the bags inside). They are quite well made and since I no longer have either (I had to return the bags/inner bags), if I remember correctly were made by Commercial Sewing, Inc. My Panniers look a helluva lot better with the liners installed. I've greatly exceed the wimpy weight rating a number of times and they don't deform whatsoever.

I'll second that motion. Flips bag stiffeners have done more to the looks of my bike than any other mod, You just don't notice how floppy the bags realy are until the stiffners are added. Back on track with the liners, I kept mine from the BMW I totaled and they are a perfect fit also. Not that there liners are cheap but there are several people out there making aftermarket bags for the K1200LT, I would guess you could safely order them and have a good fit. I had the CD changer in the right side bag on the Beemer, so it had a smaller liner on that side. I keep raingear on the bottom of the right pannier and put the smaller bag on top. Works fin for me. However I wouldn't advise aquiring the BMW liners the way I did.:eek:

Revisit this thread ?

I would like to have liners for my R3T panniers, and wonder what are the current options ?

Go to any outdoor shop or boat chandler and but the roll top dry bags to suit. I use the 19 litre bags, they cost between 10 & 20 pounds depending on quality and are completely water proof.

Back