Paint Can Rattle fix cost ?

I am liking the new Ducati cruiser.....................................................wonder if the Italians look after their customers any better than do the English???????????

Hahahahahaha........ Your kidding right? :D so long as it looks good who cares about anything else is the mantra ;)

Do the check and if you need the plug make it and install it. The install is all but two minutes. The measurement from the face of the tensioner casting to the top of the plunger
under 16 mm no plug needed 16 mm and deeper reqires the plug. Before you pull center nut put in 3rd gear and rock motor forwad to remove all slack in chain on the opposite crank side of tensioner.

Below is some pictures first remember tensioner is in the bike but first pisture is the face you measure from I was talking about.

second is the face on the top of the pluger I was reffering to. I collasped the pluger so you can see what surface I was talking about. The pen points to it.

plug is .393" X .375" you can get a grade 5 10 mm bolt cut the head off and file flat then cut a section 1/16" longer and file off flat and to 3/8".
When you pull the center plug do not try to turn motor over until center bolt is installed and torque to proper specs.
Easy job keep track of copper washer on center nut and re-use.
before you put the center nut in push on plunger to see if it goes in any.

install center nut and torque to specifications, start mot and have fun

130.00 my arse you can do this.

Lester I wanted to bring this post back up as I had 700 miles to think about your bike and the tensioner. I got home and measured the the total length of drop on the tensioner it was 1.140" or a skosh over 28 mm to full extension.

Anyway Yours if I remember was eith 24 or 26 mm drop. The Triumph parts guy in Indy mentioned that the chain got shortend by a link (if my memory serves me right) considering yours is an 05 I am wondering if it has the longer chain in it. At any rate I aggree with you on chaning the chain/gears and guides before you have a catostrophic event. What you might be hearing is the chain slack and your out of push on the spring or considering tolerances on stuff being made you might be out od adjustment on yours.

Eitherway it was great to finally meet you :D

Thanks Scott,

It was great meeting you too, I thoroughly enjoy talking to someone with you level on expertise with the Rocket.

Concerning the cam chain, I assume you would change all 3 gears. What about the tensioner ? Which gaskets are required for the job ? I plan on buying from Bike Bandit unless you could suggest a better source.

Yes I would change all the gears including the one on the crankshaft. I think there is a kit from Triumph that has the chain and cam gears in it. I am not sure about the crank gear you might have to buy it seperately. Although they all wear the same so IMO it should be in the kit. If you get the kit it should come with the bolts 2 each cam. I reuse mine and just add thread locker. You will need the clutch cover gasket. depending on the shape of the cam cover gasket you might be able to get away with the one you have. one tensioner gasket or permatex like I use. Your tensioner is fine but I would still modify it like mine for safety. Oh and the cam alignment tool which I have one I can lend to you. I order most of my parts from Falcone motorsports in Indy or as I call them Indy Triumph. They will ship it to you. Bike bandit is ok I guess I just never used them figuring they have to order their stuff from Triumph so I might as well deal with Thriumph.

Now depending on how old your oil and anti-freeze is has to do with whether you want to capture and re-use or just start off new. The most critical thing is to loosen and tighten the cam ladder in the proper sequence so you do not distort it but thats pretty simple by following the book diagram.

Back