Owner out of East Texas... been quiet on the Forum

rickkcir

Chief
Ride
'06
Been asked to intro myself, so here we go!

I'm an avid rider for over 30 years, grew up on Kawasaki s mainly, then got the 'Indian bug' back in '09. Since then, I've got various models of American Iron, but none have the power and cool factor that the R3 brings to the table.

I Bought an '06 R3 back in '12, looking for the power rush! I've got a few other bikes .. mainly Indians ( all generations ) , but very few bikes anywhere, give you the torque/power , that the R3 does. I finally broke down and got a used one for about $8k ( 10k miles ) and ride it when I 'feel the need for speed'. It's not my main ride, but tend to take it out when I'm 1 up and out running around by myself.

I've been tempted over the last 2 years to put some performance upgrades on it... pipes, tuner, air filters, etc. but, between work and other bikes.. distracted.

Now , I'm debating.. do I move up to a new R3 Roadster and start with a clean slate.. or ... improve upon my existing bike. So, I'm scouring the forums and threads for info to understand if I can truly unleash the power of this bike easily, or do I go 'all in' and get a new '15 with the ECU that is 'opened' up , and start with a few slate...

Appreciate any/all help moving forward
~Rick

Last edited:
Welcome from one of the Aussie members
Thats a hard question you are asking if it were me I would stay with the older bike fix the few little bugs as I don't like the all black look and prefer the three muffler look, but that is just my opinion

Last edited:
Welcome from Germany, Rick! As said in the other one, I won't repeat the opinion. Air and exhaust will only get you a small bit of Hp upgrade. I think tuneEcu will give you what you're looking for in the first 3 gears if that's the little bump you want.

Welcome Texican from WA! We be getting quite a few O' you around these parts. :D

Back