Ordered a windshield -Must be getting old!

TxRIIIRider

Living Legend
Ordered a replacement shield, or blade, from Cee Bailey's today. 4" over the Roadster screen and tinted.. This should put it at the right level with an inch of adjustment in the bracket. This will replace my Summer Screen blade, which I have on at the moment. Of coirse, I still haveu my matching fly screen which will still be used a lot.

I have hardly ever ridden with a windshield. When I mounted the Summer Screen last week, I foumd that I sit different and it's easy to cruise 80+ MPH without realizing it!.. lol

Ordered a replacement shield, or blade, from Cee Bailey's today. 4" over the Roadster screen and tinted.. This should put it at the right level with an inch of adjustment in the bracket. This will replace my Summer Screen blade, which I have on at the moment. Of coirse, I still haveu my matching fly screen which will still be used a lot.

I have hardly ever ridden with a windshield. When I mounted the Summer Screen last week, I foumd that I sit different and it's easy to cruise 80+ MPH without realizing it!.. lol

Ya I just mounted my first summer screen on Gracie I think its a great inbetween screen blocks the wind from the chest yet lets the air cool ya. Think I will leave it on for the Trip to Maggie Valley. Looks like about a 1600 mile jaunt not counting the riding around in Canada before heading south, so I should have a good opinion of it by the time I get there.

The Summer Screen actually works quiet well with a 3/4 helmet with a face shield. Not terrible with an open face either. It can be a little loud with buffeting with a full face.

I rode without a windshield for 46 of the 50 years I've been riding. This includes many cross country trips at very high speeds.
I decided to try a shield and put a Windvest on my Boss Hoss four years ago and will never go back to bare again. When I got my R3, I put a Summer Shield on after trying a fly screen which was the same as nothing and is a joke.
The summer screen offers shelter from a beating while letting plenty of air around and over it. I think it's about perfect.

I think my bike would look better without a windshield but in Montana trying to ride as much as possible **** its cold without one. If i move to a warmer climb i'm taking off the shield. Pic of my bike.

Attachments

• 100_7367 (2).jpg
    100_7367 (2).jpg
    383 KB · Views: 131
I got old last year, bought a winter screen for my R3. Now I am looking for something taller to keep the wind from hitting me right across the eye brow.

Had I known how much I like the shield, I would have had one years ago.

It also helps extend the riding season in Wyoming.

I use the flyscreen to protect the GPS and my phone from flying debris, but just can't bring myself to put a windshield on. The princess seat has a full fairing and tall shield which I like on trips, but it looks like it belongs there. Just can't imagine my fat bottom girl with a windshield. I'll probably change my mind after the trip to MV...we'll see.

Back