bruce aussie

WOODENBONG
Ride
Roadster
Delivered to the old museum today, Their doing a bit of maintenance to stop it falling down. Apparently it needs about 60mill to fix it properly.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Beautiful building .. really hope it gets restored and not demolished. When we'd get kicked out of the mini-bikes at the RNA we used to walk up to the museum .. jump the fence and climb into the WW1 German tank 'Mephisto'. The security guards would stand outside screaming at us to get out .. :roll:... We'd shout back insults to them in Sgt Schultz voices until they called the cops .. we were shiits of kids :D

jeez, imagine being a brickie back then... that is one seriously big building

Thats only one corner of it, it's a cross shape with 6 or 8 towers. Remember Dad driving us up from Woodenbong in the old HR wagon to go to the Museum when I was about 8 or 9. Remember the planes hanging from the roof and the old German tank from WW1 out side on a slab of concrete. T.C. was probably inside it.

Good memories of that place also.
Mum was a nurse at the Royal Woman's and Dad would take us kids to the museum to spend time waiting for her to finish her shift on the weekends.
Spent some time in Mephisto myself.
Also remember the plane hanging from the ceiling (Bert Hinklers's I think) and the dinosaur skeleton near the entry.

It really was what you think of when you think of a 'museum', I remember going through there as well .. now it's a spectacular piece of era architecture. Just hope some f#ckin developer don't get his hands on it .. be a Dean Brothers midnight demo and some apartment complex in it's place.

Good memories of that place also.
Mum was a nurse at the Royal Woman's and Dad would take us kids to the museum to spend time waiting for her to finish her shift on the weekends.
Spent some time in Mephisto myself.
Also remember the plane hanging from the ceiling (Bert Hinklers's I think) and the dinosaur skeleton near the entry.
A Trex skull about five foot long if I remember correctly.

What a magnificent building ! I hope it gets restored. You probably couldn't find people with the skills to build one like that today, not to mention the cost !

Back