Kyrocket

.040 Over
Going to change my own oil. What do I need beside oil and filter? What oil are you guys running? Are there any tips or tricks? I've changed oil in cars and trucks, but not a bike before. Thanks guys!

I'll be watching this thread for sure. I've done oil changes on my other bikes but would like to see what the usual routine is for this bike :thumbsup:

There are three consumables, 3 crush washers and an O ring, after the usual warm up set the bike up square with props or jack underneath there are three drain plugs as illustrated on you owner hand book remove the centre one first as this will drain the the oil tank where the bulk of you oil is then remove the front and rear plugs plus oil filter, at this point go do something else for a while like cleaning the drain plugs and inspect the crush washers if they are in good nick you can opt to reuse them the same goes for the O ring on the centre drain plug (no flat spots, not hardened). I like to plan my oil changes so I can leave it drain over night so as to get max old oil out

Back