O2 sensor reading

Micksan

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph R3 GT, 2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT,
Hi Folks:
I have been lurking in the sidelines for awhile. Seems like my bike bugs have been addressed.
Anyhow I am getting ready to go through all of the bikes and check things out for next spring. Plus I am hoping to make it to Daytona this coming year.
Because I had a O2 sensor go out on a couple of bikes , I like to check them out. Does anyone happen to know the resistance reading on a good one , and what is the tolerance .
It is easier for me to do this at home than fix it along side of the road.

O2 sensor checking:

You will never find a resistance reading for an O2 sensor. They are designed to PRODUCE voltage based upon the presence of ambient oxygen. The only portion of an O2 sensor that can be measured with an ohmmeter is the sensor heater. I don't believe any of the R3's used a heated O2 sensor but I could be wrong on that one.
In order to confirm proper O2 sensor operation you need at least a scan tool and a DVOM to read the mV produced by the sensor. Normal voltage reading should vary from 100mV up to 900mV. The engine must be running and the sensor should be up to operating temp (at least 500*f.)

Back