Now a former Rocketeer

moklodge

.040 Over
Hi All,

Just wanted to thank you all for the great site and advice over the years. I just retired (traded) my 2009 Classic for the new 2014 Honda Valk.

I'll miss the incredible depth and wealth of knowledge you guys offer and the constant tinkering I enjoyed. I'm just one of those guys that changes bikes every 3 years. The Rocket lasted 5 so that shows how much I enjoyed it.

I have a garage full of accessories so if there is anything discontinued or rare you need, I'll be listing on Ebay or you can pm me and I'll let you know if I have it. She was a 2009 Classic in Pacific Blue and Aluminum so body parts are chrome or Pacific Blue.

You're dead to us now! Dead! ... ok, seriously now, hope the Valk does the job for you.

Hope you won't get bored with all that boring six cylinder smoothness and lack of power and stuff. ;)

Haha, I wondered the same thing about the power which is why I held out for so long. But I was ready for something different and the precision and refinement is actually pretty cool to experience. Yes it's smooth and slower low in the rev range but it hits the same zero to sixty time as the Rocket Roadster (without mods of course) so it's no slug. We're just spoiled by the "Rocket Rush". But the Valk is a really impressive piece of engineering and I can certainly ride it faster than I did the rocket in the twisties.

Pros - real horn, real lights, zero (and I mean ZERO) buzz in the mirrors, perfect bar position, great handling and easy to clean plastic bodywork!

Cons - Less power than the rocket

The bike has awesome presence and I think it's great looking. But then I liked it from the beginning. To each his own there.

Bottom line, I love all bikes and want to own every single one of them so I have to change regularly since I only have room for two at a time.

room for two bikes ehh?? then why did you sell the rocket ?....Im with CROFT on the whole "dead to us" thing :D

hope you enjoy the new ride...

That Valk is a nice motor. That horizontal opposed engine screws up the ergos IMHO.
It is a handler, though not sure if any better than a properly set up Roadster.
I also believe the Valk comes with ABS where the F6 does not. A huge plus!
The Valk does not scratch near as many of my itches as does the Roadster, but
like the five fingers of the same hand - we all are just a little different.
Enjoy your new ride!

Hi All,

Just wanted to thank you all for the great site and advice over the years. I just retired (traded) my 2009 Classic for the new 2014 Honda Valk.

I'll miss the incredible depth and wealth of knowledge you guys offer and the constant tinkering I enjoyed. I'm just one of those guys that changes bikes every 3 years. The Rocket lasted 5 so that shows how much I enjoyed it.

I have a garage full of accessories so if there is anything discontinued or rare you need, I'll be listing on Ebay or you can pm me and I'll let you know if I have it. She was a 2009 Classic in Pacific Blue and Aluminum so body parts are chrome or Pacific Blue.
YEP a buddy owned a Rocket sold it and bought the Valk kept it 3 weeks then traded it on a new Roadster It looks like a giant scooter Whats with Honda and the goofy styling on the new models they have some strange looking bikes

The other bike is my '13 Bonneville. Love that little bike for those days you wanna feel the fun a smaller bike gives in the handling dept. It also makes a great tourer, believe it or not.

The Rocket will always be my first "big blonde" but now I'm gonna date a brunette. Again, I love 'em all and we should be excited with all the stuff coming out these days. Variety is the spice of life!

I like the new Valk, if i had all the money in the world i would have one of each of all the bikes i like.
Congrats and enjoy your new toy:)

Good luck with the new ride! Get that Bonnie to carpenter racing he will double the power and make it a sleeper.

Back