[Nov 10, 2014] Lone Star (Galveston Island)

STRIPES

\\\STRIPES/// going to the HD shop.
Ride
06 R3 Std
Being I have recently begun to start feeling similar to human, I was thinking about renting a house on Galveston Island. (Like we used to till I got sick.) I checked with my compadre from Rally Riders and lo and behold, he has already rented one. At this point, it is rented from Wednesday the 5th through Sunday the 9th.

http://www.sandnsea.com/rental/house.html?ID=405381

It sleeps 14 (assuming some folks don't mind air mattresses.) If we happen to have a big(er) turn out, the house we rented last year is open at the moment. So far it is I, MB, Jim Burt (Top Sgt) his wife, Kathy, Nolton and Ms T, (betting on Steel). Any of yous guys from up north who showed interest on the other thread (that got closed), now's the time to chime in.

Any and all RAA folks are invited. It will be a donate to the cause (as you elect) to defray cost.

I am thinking about calling the management company to add a day or two to either end of the event so we can take our time getting to and from.

I can't say this far ahead, but I'd love to. I lived in North Texas for 3 years almost 40 years ago, I'd love to pass through and see if anyone I knew was still there/alive.

Ken, i'm in and i don't need acomodations since i can stay in R3Tex's Titanic:D
Actually i have relatives in Houston that would never forgive me if i don't stay with them:)

I'm pretty sure I will be there, but will be burning up some of the wife's hotel points in Galveston. Gonna try to get her to come with me on this one. Never been to this rally. It sounds like a blast, especially if I get to ride with a pack of Rockets through the middle of the Harley sea. :cool::thumbsup:

sticking this on the calendar... will need to be wandering over to dallas in that time frame probably anyways... will most likely drive the rv over... ya got a driveway to park in? looks like the local state park has lots of weekday sites...

Last edited:
I will definitely be at the rally, but will likely have the Titanic with me. For those of you that show up in an RV the place to stay is at the Galveston County Fair Grounds. It is 21 and up only crowd and they throw a traditional style lots of alcohol and naked women type party.

I will definitely be at the rally, but will likely have the Titanic with me. For those of you that show up in an RV the place to stay is at the Galveston County Fair Grounds. It is 21 and up only crowd and they throw a traditional style lots of alcohol and naked women type party.
Are those the naked women you want to see, or do you need the alcohol fist??? Just asking since I've been to Sturgis five times.

Are those the naked women you want to see, or do you need the alcohol fist??? Just asking since I've been to Sturgis five times.

Any guidence on Stugis would be helpful. I am an sweet, innocent, former sailor going to Sturgis for the first time this year and I am a very shy fellow.

Back