Not another TuneEcu Question...

Loanstar

.060 Over
Sorry, but it is...kinda.

I've experimented with several TuneEcu tunes with mixed results. I have tried both the "official" as well as one custom tune that I think might apply to my bike configuration.

I have an '09 Standard with a D&D (no cat, the bike came like this and I assume the cat comes out when the slip-on's are installed) and I have a K&N underseat filter. I have not plugged the O2 Sensor.

The last tune I tried is is Tripps: , but my decel popping has returned. The guts feel good on the bike for sure, but I know there's more to be had.

What tune would any of you suggest? I've been messing around with this and have searched here but I've also seen tunes traded privately, so maybe there's something better?

Thanks!

Get it bespoke tuned. Or consider PCV-AT/Dobeck-AFR.

If Sensor not PLUGGED - is it deactivated in TuneECU? - If not it'll never work.

Thanks barbagris,

I thought the sensor had to be physically plugged.

I can't afford a tuner right now. I have to spring for some paint and we're about to tour the Okanagan and the NW US. With the way our dollar is right now, I'm pinching my cash.

I'll check off the sensor and see what happens.

Sorry, but it is...kinda.

I've experimented with several TuneEcu tunes with mixed results. I have tried both the "official" as well as one custom tune that I think might apply to my bike configuration.

I have an '09 Standard with a D&D (no cat, the bike came like this and I assume the cat comes out when the slip-on's are installed) and I have a K&N underseat filter. I have not plugged the O2 Sensor.

The last tune I tried is is Tripps: , but my decel popping has returned. The guts feel good on the bike for sure, but I know there's more to be had.

What tune would any of you suggest? I've been messing around with this and have searched here but I've also seen tunes traded privately, so maybe there's something better?

Thanks!
Try this:

Make sure the O2 sensor box is unchecked.

Thanks barbagris,

I thought the sensor had to be physically plugged.

I can't afford a tuner right now. I have to spring for some paint and we're about to tour the Okanagan and the NW US. With the way our dollar is right now, I'm pinching my cash.

I'll check off the sensor and see what happens.
Wow, you weren't kidding. The Canadian dollar is at a 10-year low against the USD!

upload_2015-8-5_11-52-45.png

Wow, you weren't kidding. The Canadian dollar is at a 10-year low against the USD!

upload_2015-8-5_11-52-45.png
Yeah, its really cheap up here for Americans to have a holiday, but for Canadians going to the U.S its not worth it.

Try this:

Make sure the O2 sensor box is unchecked.

Hi dougl,

I run the tune you recommended on my 2009 with D&D slipons (just like the OP) and it runs well with the O2 box checked. The tune has the box checked when you download it, so I assume that Wayne McDonald intended it to be used that way?

If I were to uncheck the O2 box, would it cause any damage to the O2 sensor if it were left in the collector? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it would. Thoughts?

Regards,
Mark Dunn

Hi dougl,

I run the tune you recommended on my 2009 with D&D slipons (just like the OP) and it runs well with the O2 box checked. The tune has the box checked when you download it, so I assume that Wayne McDonald intended it to be used that way?

If I were to uncheck the O2 box, would it cause any damage to the O2 sensor if it were left in the collector? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it would. Thoughts?

Regards,
Mark Dunn
If it runs well, leave it checked. I think there's something with TuneECU that checks it when you exit the program. I used to switch back and forth between summer and winter without ruining the sensor. So if you uncheck it, see if it makes a difference but I don't think you need to disconnect or remove the sensor. I think the program just tells the ECU that it's never in closed loop and so not to use the signal from the sensor.

Last edited:
Back