Not an owner yet but...

jthree

Turbocharged
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
May have a chance at a smokin' deal on an 04.

Anything I should be aware of? Anything to look for as far as problems or fixes? I may get to test ride it tomorrow and would really like some input first. I am riding a Honda VTX1800 right now and am having vibration issues. I hear the III is smoother but I guess I'll find out for myself.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Jthree

only vibration I ever noticed is when I twist that throttle a little too much, oh, my bad, thats torque trying to cut loose... Take a ride man, hang on tight and take your check book with you. grins are permanent after that..

hey just crack that throttle slowly the first time or you'll be hanging on and looking at blue sky instead of blacktop..... ;)

cheers
geo

One Ride...Its Over...

After you take your first ride...we will welcome U to the captains club.

By the way...if you have neck or shoulder problems....don't buy the Rocket. If you have a weak grip...don't buy the Rocket. If you don't like adrenaline..don't buy the Rocket. If you were riding with a group of V-Twin owners...don't buy the Rocket....:D.

Unless of course you were looking for new buddies anyway....:D:D:D...S.B.

P.S. Don't forget to post Pics of your new toy!

May not seem like such a good deal to you guys south of me but here in (soon to be snowy) Ontario it is. I'm told I may be able to get it for under $10K and considering they go for over $20K new that's not bad. It also has quite a few toys added to it.
I guess I should clarify that the guy said the sticker said 2004 but I suspect it was registered in 2005

Hoping for a test ride tomorrow if it's not snowing:(.

Cheers

Jthree

Last edited:
Rockets started coming out in June of '04, but were considered '05 models. I still call them '04s though.. June is just too early to be called an '05.

I would say your getting a great deal! Up there, it probably doesn't have many miles on it. I wouldn't sell my " '04 " for less than 10K, that's for sure.. :)

look up (paint can rattle)

Hi jthree,
In this forum, go to general tech talk, and apx page 7 find the issue called "paint can rattle" . This was an occuring problem on the 04-05 bikes that had a defective lower cam chain sprocket.. when you listen to the bike idle or at certain rpms it may sound like the little ball shacking in a paint can. My advice to you if this bike sounds like this, would be to run. Unless you want to spend a few thousand bucks to make it right.
I had an 05 that devoloped this and it was going to cost apx $3800 to fix, so I traded the bike in and got an 07 now. This is just my two cents worth. Rademis

The beast makes some peculiar noises being a different animal but the wind noise is most of what you will hear. The bike coming from a dealer? Then it should have a warranty of some kind. Triumph has stepped up to the plate on several of the issues that may appear here. Just ride it like you stole it and put a snow tire on the back.:D

Back