No start issue, is it battery.

motolink

Nitrous
Ride
2011 Roadster and 2001 Bonneville
Just completed checking the map in the ECU and went to start but only heard a loud click. The head light is still very bright but never went out.
Checked the battery voltage, 11.8v then after about 10 minutes it was 11.9V another 10 minutes 12.2v.
Do I have failed battery here.

Just did another voltage check with the ignition on 10.5v.

10.5 volts way too low, how old is the battery. You can try to charge the battery and then load test battery.
Or take to one of the chain auto parts store and they will do it for you for free.

It's the original, 4 years 10 months old.

As far as I'm concerned, 4 years screams REPLACE ME! From what I've read, the beast likes a full charge and plenty of CCA's. I replace mine every two years...that's $50 a year. Way cheaper than the anguish of being stranded somewhere. The new battery is not much more than the price of a oil and filter change. I've posted this before and here it is again. Your battery is shot.

image.jpeg

Mine slips below 12 volts forget it.. Get yourself a new battery and keep it on the battery tender..!

I have went through the GAMUT of batts for Motorcycles from uber high compression V Twins to the 8.7 to 1 easy spinning R3(IMO) and the best battery I have found (I have spent 350 for Shorai LiFePO4 to the 100 ish for Yuasas) and IMO the best AGM batt made in the USA is made by East Penn Mfging in Pennsylvania and goes by the DEKA brand or the Big Crank Brand. This company makes the OEM batts for HD and I was shocked at how much better the Deka brand batteries build quality was than the Yuasa, Interstate and etc.....

AND...They make the DURALAST GOLD ETX20L sold at autozone..Same as the Deka or Bigcrank and you can get 20 per cent off..

Check Amazon's review of the Deka ETX20L ..56 reviews...5 star

and like TRIICK said leave it on a Float tender.

Back