Nightrod Fairing / Headlight

Jjaden

.020 Over
Hey guys new to this forum, actually my first post here, just picked up my R3 a couple of days ago.

Something I was considering purely for aesthetic reasons was swapping my stock headlight setup with HD Nightrod Fairing and Headlight.

Has anyone done this? Is it even doable? What problems might I run into?

Thanks for any tips, this will be my first mod on my first bike...appreciate your patience.

Attachments

• vrod fairing1.jpg
    vrod fairing1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 1,929
Aesthetic reasons you say :confused::confused:. Might interfere with your gauges but otherwise can't see why not.
G'day from Downunder and welcome, by the way. Plenty of advice on here about how to improve your Rocket as well. ;) :D

Another G'day and welcome from Oz..Never seen a V-Rod headlight on a R3 but i reckon it would look pretty sharp myself. Like Binnsy said if you get it done give us a look . Went to a Triumph Rally on saturday, must have been 10 Rockets there and no two of them looked alike :)

Jjaden,
Welcome to the forum.
I thought you meant like Lon has on Blackie.
You mean just a headlight cover that kinda looks like a sawed off flyscreen.
Hey, it ought to work, go for it I say,
But then,,,,,,,,,,,
I never was one to leave well enough alone.
Welcome from Oklahoma.
Ride safe,
skip

Someone here in the states put Harley batwing fairings on the two sharp R3s he had and they looked really good. I just can't remember who it was, so maybe someone with a better memory than mine could help out. They were posted to this site with photos...

Thanks for the support guys. I saw this picture of a modded R3 done by Dino Romano of Italy and the modded headlight is something I wanted to do even before I bought my R3.

That looks very mean but I guess I'm just a fan of the twin headlights look. Keen to see pics when you do it, tho. Hard to find 2 Rockets the same so vive la différence.

Back