mbdean55

.020 Over
Well its definitely time for me to replace my rear tire and the front could be changed as well. I was reading through the threads and was wondering about the Excedra max for the rear? Does that little extra height effect anything? I have an 05 standard so no worries on the abs. My only other concern with the extra height would be I have the shorty pipes on the bike so the exhaust is already quite close to the tire. Anyone's opinions on the bridgestones would be appreciated. I think I'll go maybe avon front bridge rear since so many of you seem to like it. As of right now I have Metz front and rear. Just noticed a very very small patch of exposed steel on the rear :eek:

That extra rear tire height enhances the handling. I have run through two so far and on the third.
They are superior to the Metzelers IMO.

That extra rear tire height enhances the handling. I have run through two so far and on the third.
They are superior to the Metzelers IMO.
I agree!! I'm running the Excedra Max on the rear and an Avon on the front! Like the combo!

To my knowledge, I was the very first R3 rider to fit the Excedra Max by the eminently good advice and wisdom that was IMFASTTOO's recommendation early in 2012. The added 0.47" height (to be exact), derived from its taller aspect ratio, will improve both turn-in and tracking due to the slightly elevated rear geometry. If you really want to treat yourself and improve your overall steering and handling by light years and, if you think that you'd like to have the feeling that your beast has shed 150-250 pounds, fit either a Michelin Commander II in a 140 size up front or, better yet, try the matching Bridgestone Excedra Max in the 130 size in front and I guarantee you that your mind will be blown! It's like having a different, much more responsive and compliant bike.

For others, you cannot use the 130 if your Beast has ABS, but I do believe that the 140 will not compromise the ABS' sensors. I got approx. 10,000 miles on the Michelin and I am an aggressive rider.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back