New Rocket Roadster with mods

Powder Monkey

.060 Over
Gday guys

I pick up the new beast in 4 weeks, having converted from a suzuki GSXR. I have arranged a package from the dealer and the bike is being supplied with triple k&n's and dennis foran spur exhausts which are a cat replacement pipe here:

Dennis Foran Motorcycle Exhausts - Gallery - © 2007 - 2010

Im also buying a tuneboy cos I know for sure the bike will run lean but will fit that myself.

So having been cruising the forums for some time as a guest time and finally joined today as bike was ordered today. But having answered a lot of questions I had with the forum I am still unsure if there is a TuneECU map that will be a 90%ish fit to put me on until I can get dyno'd with the Tuneboy - I was considering the 3xk&n aftermarket exhaust/tors and full open secondaries???

Before you drop the money on Tuneboy, make sure they support the Roadster. I don't think they do. And good luck getting a response by email from them. For dyno tuning a powder commander may be the way to go with a modified TuneEcu tune to give you open secondaries and remove timing restrictions.

If your bike is coming with ABS, I don't believe those pipes will work. Looked at them for my 2011 Roadster and was told they will not work because of the ABS.

Before you drop the money on Tuneboy, make sure they support the Roadster. I don't think they do. And good luck getting a response by email from them. For dyno tuning a powder commander may be the way to go with a modified TuneEcu tune to give you open secondaries and remove timing restrictions.

I think they are supporting the roadster, they list r3t, r3c and r3 on the site under maps - I was assumng the r3 was roadster?

I thought about pc3 or 5but was put off by the dealer - my precious experince is with pc3 but they reckoned they had had some issues with bikes and communication conflicts between ecu and pc. Beginning to wonder if that might be the go tho.

Roadster is r3r - what's listed is touring, classic and standard.
Welcome from Downunder and congratulations on your purchase; bet that 4 weeks goes reeeaaal sloooooowwww.

Roadster is r3r - what's listed is touring, classic and standard.
Welcome from Downunder and congratulations on your purchase; bet that 4 weeks goes reeeaaal sloooooowwww.

Ahah I realise my mistake now - cool that makes sence. So havving re-read more carefully it is going to have to be the PC5.

And yep based in Perth - thanks for the welcomes :)

Back