KOTH01

.020 Over
Hello everyone. I joined this site awhile back when I started researching buying a cruiser bike. Not much really appealed to me except for the Rocket Roadster and Thunderbird. Bird is a great bike but decided to get the R3R a few weeks ago. I'm a sportbike rider but wanted a change. So far I 'm liking the bike and feel I made the right choice over T-bird but it took me awhile to make that choice. Looking forward to summer and making some longer trips. My bike is Phantom Black - I'll try to get a pic up sometime soon.

Glad I found this site. Seems like good people who enjoy being captains!

:)

Welcome :)

I too bought a new Phantom Black 2011 Roadster two weeks ago .:D Now I have a buddy for my 09 classic. Am I nuts or what ? :confused:

Soon...hopefully I'll have both (a Thunderbird in the hand and a R3T in the bush...I mean fall). Enjoy that Roadster...great bike and have fun.

Dennis

Welcome aboard

You wont be unhappy with the bike. If you get bored with it's stock constraints, there are plenty of smart gents on this site to cure your boredom with the modifications available. I came over from a Harley, and have never looked back- my only regret is that I waited until last year to switch brands. The potential of these rockets is incredible. Good luck and be careful of slow speed turning onto freeway onramps- the low speed torque will spin the back end out a bit-

Welcome aboard. You've made a wise choice. The bikes are magnificent. With the right exhaust and tune, they are awesome. In the stock form they are plenty strong and the looks will draw attention. Be caareful when you start making the mods to her. It's habit forming and expensive.
Congrats and enjoy.

On the performance front, I'm thinking I'll keep the bike stock for now. It sounds pretty good and a quite exhaust is nice for a change - for now :cool:. I realize its not a dragstrip dominator, but it is such a nice bike 0-100 on the street.

I'm going to put on the front dresser bars as the radiator looks vulnerable to a minor tip over. Tall or short (any recommendations?) sissy bar and luggage rack and maybe the clear sport screen and that might do it for Triumph accessories. I like the LeatherLykes hard bags because they are lockable, weather resistant, and quick release with just the studs left behind. This company also makes liners for LeatherLyke bags Saddlebag Liners & Touring Accessories by: tlcproducts. (I have no connection to them.)

If I can get it worked out and have the cash, I may take the gentle giant on a tour of the Great Lakes this summer. Always wanted to cross the Mackinac Bridge.

Thanks for the kind welcome. It is much appreciated.

Back