mr2dogz

.020 Over
Ride
2004 Rocket 3 and the Wife
Hi all.I fitted the new and improved ramair kit to my rocket 2 weeks ago and have found it has cracked around one of the jubilee clips.I have email ramair and i'm waiting for there email back.Has anyone else had the same problem with the new improved kit.

Well if the new one's crap too then they deserve whatever negative press they get. The more I hear about Ramair, the better K&N look.

Well $hit...I was just about to pull the trigger on one until I saw this post. Please update this thread when you get a response from them. Thanks

First I've seen about the new model cracking. Just fitted mine and so far so good. I did try to tighten the hose clamps as little as I dared, while still keeping the filter on there.

Hi all.I fitted the new and improved ramair kit to my rocket 2 weeks ago and have found it has cracked around one of the jubilee clips.I have email ramair and i'm waiting for there email back.Has anyone else had the same problem with the new improved kit.
AFAIK - you're the first - I had a series 1 on and no issues - Ramair insisted on fitting me an upgrade when I visited - no problems. tbh the new one would stay on without hose clamps.

I don't think i over tighten it but over 2 weeks it cracked under the clamp and slip off

Attachments

• 20150708_140713.jpg
    20150708_140713.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 0
I had one of the 1st re mould filters ( had because ive now sold my r3 )and @barbagris has the same the only reason they split is because the clips are over tightened and maybe not seated full down causing the clip to ride ride over the mouth of the throttle body IMO .

Last edited:
It's a lot harder to misalign the new model that has the indentation to match the throttle flange. It sort of "pops" on there when you put it on with the Mk 2. How to define "over-tightening" I suppose is trickier.

Back