Les

.020 Over
Ride
2013 rocket roadster 2012 v-rod
recently acquired a 2013 r3r and relearning to ride it seems. Currently also riding a 2012 v-rod. Just put 1900 miles on during a 5 day trip of CO NM and AZ. Curiously bike is making the paint can rattle noise most noticeably in gears 1 - 3 and fades slightly as you near up shifting. Thought this was resolved in newer bikes but definitely happening on mine with 6k on speedo. Any ideas or feedback. Looking forward to learning and sharing on the forum.

Welcome from Germany! I doubt that what you're hearing is the paint can rattle associated with the old cam tension guides? The bike has a slight "rattle" in low rpm ranges; but I think that's because it's just waiting to really wind up ;) sounds like you're enjoying her well! This is indeed a great place to learn! :)

Welcome

I had a very similar problem and then realized it was my key fob bouncing around on my forks. :whitstling:

If your intake air filters have been modified, you may get a bit more clatter. Oh yeah, welcome.

Welcome to our forum. Az, Co, & NM offer some great bike roads hope you enjoyed the view.
HELLBOY4.jpg

G'day and Welcome from another Aussie. Get the bike back to Dealer if you are concerned.
BTW If you ever get to meet-up with Hellboy , can you snap a photo of him (overweight balding middle aged man be my guess) :rolleyes:

Back