New preds questions

mbdean55

.020 Over
Hello all. I just recently bought a set of Predators from a gentleman from the forums. What all do I need to get everything running correctly? I am a complete newbie when it comes to fuel injection. Do I need PC 3 and tuneboy? I also noticed the preds don't have the bung for the 02 sensor as well. How would i get rid of that? The PC 02 eliminator? I just don't want to ruin anything on my bike. As of this moment i have the shortys on from newbonneville. It's a 2005 and completely stock other wise. No pc or tuneboy.

If you have a local tuner he will probably do far more for your power/torque than any amount of tinkering around with TuneECU, etc. if you don't then the PCV/AT can help you. Most commercial shops I've been to use a Dynojet machine and are familiar with the PCV so that would probably be my recommendation. Without a bung for the O2 sensor the auto tune won't do you any good. BTW...how far are you from Carpenter Racing in New Jersey? I'm sure they can help you with a tune :D

Sorry ...forgot part of your question...Dynojet makes an O2 eliminator

If you have a local tuner he will probably do far more for your power/torque than any amount of tinkering around with TuneECU, etc. if you don't then the PCV/AT can help you. Most commercial shops I've been to use a Dynojet machine and are familiar with the PCV so that would probably be my recommendation. Without a bung for the O2 sensor the auto tune won't do you any good. BTW...how far are you from Carpenter Racing in New Jersey? I'm sure they can help you with a tune :D
Carpenter doesn't tune bikes unless you pay a lot of money and put a Carpenter kit on the bike as well.

Hello all. I just recently bought a set of Predators from a gentleman from the forums. What all do I need to get everything running correctly? I am a complete newbie when it comes to fuel injection. Do I need PC 3 and tuneboy? I also noticed the preds don't have the bung for the 02 sensor as well. How would i get rid of that? The PC 02 eliminator? I just don't want to ruin anything on my bike. As of this moment i have the shortys on from newbonneville. It's a 2005 and completely stock other wise. No pc or tuneboy.
I am assuming you bought Larry Lewis's Predator did you ask him if he had a map for it or what whether he was using tuning software or the power commander stuff. O2 sensor bung does not matter if your using tuning software as most folks shut them off anyway. Someone out their has to have a predator tune. I will look in my library but I probably only have Supercharged Predator tunes.
Myself I would go for the tuning software because of its maintenance benefits.

Get a bung welded on and then get a Dobeck Performance AFR Plus. Much less expensive than the PC5 especially if you ad the with AT. With DPAFRP no dyno tuning needed. It will keep your Air Fuel Ratios were you want them and will help with reducing the heat on your right leg, over all power increase, and should increase the fuel mileage.

DSC02908.JPG DSC02909.JPG

I am assuming you bopredators y Lewis's Predator did you ask him if he had a map for it or what whether he was using tuning software or the power commander stuff. O2 sensor bung does not matter if your using tuning software as most folks shut them off anyway. Someone out their has to have a predator tune. I will look in my library but I probably only have Supercharged Predator tunes.
He said he was running power commander and tuneboy. And yes the predators made by sam. I assume with the power commander i can get rid of the o2 sensor, with the o2 eliminator from them?

I am assuming you bought Larry Lewis's Predator did you ask him if he had a map for it or what whether he was using tuning software or the power commander stuff. O2 sensor bung does not matter if your using tuning software as most folks shut them off anyway. Someone out their has to have a predator tune. I will look in my library but I probably only have Supercharged Predator tunes.
Also yes they were from larry lewis. To my understanding ill at minimum need the Power commander 3 with the 02 sensor eliminator and a tune until i get to a dyno

Also yes they were from larry lewis. To my understanding ill at minimum need the Power commander 3 with the 02 sensor eliminator and a tune until i get to a dyno
Yes you are right but it might be easier to get the tuning software and a map fo the predators which the map would have the O2 sensor shut off so you will not need one.

Back