new performance upgrade installs today

Big Head

.040 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring Trike
Hey All,

So today I had the dealer install my PCV with autotune , Ramair , TORS and Oz Claw. I was expecting to see a noticeable boost in performance.... but not so much. I really cant tell any difference except for the better exhaust sound.. Now I havent installed the PCV tune that @HansO gave me yet or messed with Tune ECU in any way other than whatever the dealer did today. I am hoping that once I get both of the other tunes in I will see some performance gains but right now I am kinda bummed.. Any thoughts??

Also they installed the Kuryakyn ISO grips which are awesome... but the throttle lock bar end would not install for some reason. he said that it just wouldnt work with my R3T. has anyone else been anle to make them work? I would really like a throttle lock and dont have the money for the McCruise.

Install Hans0's tunes and you will see a result. It won't be instant as the AT has to learn and adapt.

Hey All,

So today I had the dealer install my PCV with autotune , Ramair , TORS and Oz Claw. I was expecting to see a noticeable boost in performance.... but not so much. I really cant tell any difference except for the better exhaust sound.. Now I havent installed the PCV tune that @HansO gave me yet or messed with Tune ECU in any way other than whatever the dealer did today. I am hoping that once I get both of the other tunes in I will see some performance gains but right now I am kinda bummed.. Any thoughts??

Also they installed the Kuryakyn ISO grips which are awesome... but the throttle lock bar end would not install for some reason. he said that it just wouldnt work with my R3T. has anyone else been anle to make them work? I would really like a throttle lock and dont have the money for the McCruise.
Dude, what did Triumph install for the base tune? Did they load a map into the PCV? If so, what? Ideally you should go in there with TuneECU and open the secondaries all the way in whatever Triumph tune is in there. Then get a tuner to tune the PCV. It's an incremental cost over what you've spent already. Don't fiddle f**k around with auto tuning. Get a good tuner to do it.

I don't know about your dealer, but the one in New Orleans sux. When Boudreaux got his bike tuned there, it almost didn't make it back home. He had to trailer it to the Yamaha/Honda dealer in Baton Rouge to get it running right.

The Triumph dealer probably ran some stock tune then tweaked it a little. Have you tried the Touring tune from Wayne Trip? It adds 30hp to a stock Touring.

I like my dealer, Ray Price Triumph/HD, they have always done me right. Once I get off of work today I will try to load the tune that @HansO gave me and hopefully that helps. I am kinda scared to mess with tune ECU be I don't want to mess anything up... But I'm sure I will try that too. I want this thing to wheelie!!

Seems you have the right equipment for the job except the key componant -Free Flowing Exhaust Headers...
Breath IN (tick) Breath OUT (no tick) :confused::confused::cautious:

If you have the standard tractor headers your engine WILL be constipated o_O

Well I can get a set from CES that would bolt on.. When they tricked it they had to extend the pipe that connects the headers to the slipons. If I just got a set of headers would the stock(but lengthened) pipe that is in between be sufficient for flow?

Back