EnglishRider

.040 Over
Ride
2011 R3 Touring; 2010 Moto Guzzi California Vintage
Hi all,

just joined this forum after suffering what appears to be the infamous R3 ignition problem. Stranded at the side of the road awaiting recovery and my mate did a search and came up with this forum, which pointed me in enough of a direction to get the bike started again and home - so thanks to you all already.

To me:

My real name is Keith (forum name is a historic one that I used when I owned a Suzuki Volusia and the best forum for them was American based so ... EnglishRider)
Live in the UK - Cambridgeshire
48 and and have only been riding for 4 years - mid-life crisis :rolleyes:
Do about 10k miles per annum on the R3; about 4k in Europe and the rest in the UK

Looking forward to being a part of this community - giving and taking where I can.

Ride safe all.

K

Welcome Keith from the good ole U.S of A ! :D

(oh yea sorry about yer troubles, what an insensitive prick I am) ;)

Sorry to here about the problem but welcome to the site from IN US

Welcome from Downunder. Tough break with the ignition switch problem. It's not always the switch itself, by the way. Mine just burnt out one of the wires in the connector block and I fixed it with a simple bridge. Glad you got mobile and hope the fix isn't too difficult.

Mid-life Desire to Belong

A Suz... something "VOLUSIA"'

What on earth is a "Volusia"? A brand name of condoms in Argentina? A stiff cocktail in Warsaw? A Tampax competitor in Italy? A flight reservation to the US out of France?

Volusia. A polish-sounding female trade name in the reddish district of Isleworth, or what's left of it?

Whatever, Keith.

May an old timer here wish you a warm welcome :)

Jamie

Back