New member in El Paso, Texas

aviation1972

aviation1972
Wife bought me a 2011 Rocket 3 with touring package, yesterday. I haven't even taken delivery of it yet. I may bring it home today. I've admired the Triumph Rocket 3 for years, and I've always wanted one. Even though this one has the touring package, ( with the lockable, hard shell, saddle bags ), I still want to modify the exhaust, and put on a shorter 3-into-1 pipe under the saddle bag on the right side. A short pipe that won't melt my saddle bag on that side. Please give me your suggestions and advice? And tell me, will I have to remap or modify any other setting, if I change my exhaust system? Thank you everybody..... aviation1972

Welcome. I was through your neck of the woods headed to Sturgis not too long back. Lots of threads on touring exhaust on the site. The search function should provide several hours of research info. Good luck

Welcome. I was through your neck of the woods headed to Sturgis not too long back. Lots of threads on touring exhaust on the site. The search function should provide several hours of research info. Good luck
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for directing me to the information I'm looking for on exhausts. I'd love to ride up to Sturgis someday too..... aviation1972

Welcome from Mississippi! Shouldn't have any problems with the pipes. I would say it's likely you'd need to modify the tune though

Welcome from Mississippi! Shouldn't have any problems with the pipes. I would say it's likely you'd need to modify the tune though

I have a computer in the house. My wife does too. We both ise computers at work. But, I don't know how to modify the "tune" of the Rocket 3. Is there a plug-in socket somewhere on the bike, to connect to, and load the software for the tuning modification, once I've tweaked it on my home computer? How is this all done? Do you understand it? And, how to do it? Would you mind explaining it to me? I'm a newbie, and, ( for now ), a dummy. Thanks, and thanks for the welcome from Mississippi.... aviation1972

Welcome from Florida Try finding thread from B809T I believe he can make you a shorter muffler.

Back