New Member - Hiero-Satori!

Hiero-Satori

Standard Bore
Ride
'03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia 800
Hey there folks,

I'm new to this whole "bikers on the web" thing. I have been riding for about 15 years, just got myself an '03 Suzuki Intruder 800, but I'm eyeballing a Rocket 3 Roadster for my next big buy.

I did have a question though:

I'm a much larger guy than most. I'm 6'3" and weigh about 290. There are no local dealers that carry Triumph (I'm in Tampa FL., closest dealer I've seen online is in Miami or in the pan-handle.) and I cant actually go sit on one to find out the normal way. Any larger riders here fit right on the Rocket 3 Roadster? I ride every day, so ideally I'm looking for a bike that I can show some love to that will show me love back lol.

- Hiero-Satori

Hey there folks,

I'm new to this whole "bikers on the web" thing. I have been riding for about 15 years, just got myself an '03 Suzuki Intruder 800, but I'm eyeballing a Rocket 3 Roadster for my next big buy.

I did have a question though:

I'm a much larger guy than most. I'm 6'3" and weigh about 290. There are no local dealers that carry Triumph (I'm in Tampa FL., closest dealer I've seen online is in Miami or in the pan-handle.) and I cant actually go sit on one to find out the normal way. Any larger riders here fit right on the Rocket 3 Roadster? I ride every day, so ideally I'm looking for a bike that I can show some love to that will show me love back lol.

- Hiero-Satori
It'll certainly pull you around, lots of grunt from the lump. I'm just under 6' and 86Kg (190lb) One thing that might be an issue which has been mentioned on this site is a screen (optional) taller people say that the sports screen (which I have and like) is not good enough to protect them from the wind so it might be an idea to investigate the bigger screen options. I found riding without a screen was uncomfortable at speeds anything above 70mph.
You wont regret buying an R3 though, Grin factor is 100% love mine just sad that the weather is turning now which limits the rides. ****ed winter.

It'll certainly pull you around, lots of grunt from the lump. I'm just under 6' and 86Kg (190lb) One thing that might be an issue which has been mentioned on this site is a screen (optional) taller people say that the sports screen (which I have and like) is not good enough to protect them from the wind so it might be an idea to investigate the bigger screen options. I found riding without a screen was uncomfortable at speeds anything above 70mph.
You wont regret buying an R3 though, Grin factor is 100% love mine just sad that the weather is turning now which limits the rides. ****ed winter.
+1
And welcome from one of the Aussies

Hi Hiero, I'm 6'3" 220lbs and rocket fits me perfect. I have the roadster which has the foot pegs located more under the rider as opposed to forward like most of the cruisers out there, which fits me better but that's just a personal preference. BTW, I'm surprised you picked an intruder, one of my mates from work has one, when I sat on it I felt like a giant. Rocket is 3 times bigger in size and engine capacity, (hence the name:)). I wouldn't even hesitate about picking one up, you won't regret it

Welcome...I agree with Head...you may want to look at the touring version. Essentially the same bike but with a little more leg room

Plunk the Magic Twanger, Froggy!
Hi Ya! Hi Ya! Hi Ya!

Back