New 2007 R3C owner here from Canuckistan (Canada)

Goblin

.020 Over
Hi all,
Just bought a (used) 2007 R3 Classic in blue/white with about 6,500 kms. (4,000 miles). I really like the bike as it has very unique 'personality' compared to the other bikes I've owned. I've had a lot of big units including a Honda Rune, Yamaha MT-01, Suzuki M109R, and Hayabusa, but I gotta say that the R3 scares me a bit!
I've only had it for a few days, so I'm still getting used to the crazy-ass torque!

I'm having a few problems with it though, such as the idle winding to 2,000-2,500 rpm and staying there for 20-30 seconds while it slowly comes down. I've read about this issue, so no biggy. What really concerns me though is that the engine seems to be losing power or a cylinder when trying to hold a speed. A little throttle and it comes 'back to life'. Really weird, like a plug is dirty, or a fuel injector plugged. In any case, I'll be dropping it off at the local Triumph dealer to sort it out. A pain in the ass, but...

Sorry for the long-winded intro, so I'll keep any future posts less verbose!
Cheers for now,
Goblin

I loved the Rune, but they have a very harsh rear suspension. It used to hammer the sh_t out of my back after riding for a while.
Cheers!

Thanks!

Yeah, the M109R was a good bike, but for some reason, I just couldn't warm up to it. I'm hoping that I'll get the bugs out of my R3 because I think it's got great potential for some 'upgrading'.

Cheers!

My high idle went away with the new ignition switch ... that thing cause all kinds of weird problems.
Welcome.

Thanks!

Yeah, the M109R was a good bike, but for some reason, I just couldn't warm up to it. I'm hoping that I'll get the bugs out of my R3 because I think it's got great potential for some 'upgrading'.

Cheers!

I ride with a guy who has one and as much as the R3 is different looking, the M is different looking but in a way that's not as easy to look at as the Rocket, at least for me.

There is something about the M that reminds me of Arlen Ness on a bad hair day.

Besides, he can beat me in first gear but it's no contest after I shift to second, not that I make a habit out of that.

I had the identical problem while trying to maintain a steady speed, new TPS solved the problem.

Back