New 2007 R3C owner here from Canuckistan (Canada)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself !!' started by Goblin, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Goblin

Goblin Standard Bore

Featured Threads:
    Hi all,
    Just bought a (used) 2007 R3 Classic in blue/white with about 6,500 kms. (4,000 miles). I really like the bike as it has very unique 'personality' compared to the other bikes I've owned. I've had a lot of big units including a Honda Rune, Yamaha MT-01, Suzuki M109R, and Hayabusa, but I gotta say that the R3 scares me a bit!
    I've only had it for a few days, so I'm still getting used to the crazy-ass torque!

I'm having a few problems with it though, such as the idle winding to 2,000-2,500 rpm and staying there for 20-30 seconds while it slowly comes down. I've read about this issue, so no biggy. What really concerns me though is that the engine seems to be losing power or a cylinder when trying to hold a speed. A little throttle and it comes 'back to life'. Really weird, like a plug is dirty, or a fuel injector plugged. In any case, I'll be dropping it off at the local Triumph dealer to sort it out. A pain in the ass, but...

Sorry for the long-winded intro, so I'll keep any future posts less verbose!
    Cheers for now,
    Goblin

2. RocketDaryl

RocketDaryl .040 Over

Media:
    Featured Threads:
    Hope you get it sorted out. Didn't like the Rune? Those are pretty cool looking bikes, IMO.

3. Goblin

Goblin Standard Bore

Featured Threads:
    I loved the Rune, but they have a very harsh rear suspension. It used to hammer the sh_t out of my back after riding for a while.
    Cheers!

4. Sidecar Flip

Sidecar Flip Turbocharged

United States
    Media:
    Featured Threads:
    20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
    ...and the 109's have a nasty habit of loosing bevel boxes.

Welcome aboard.

5. Goblin

Goblin Standard Bore

Featured Threads:
    Thanks!

Yeah, the M109R was a good bike, but for some reason, I just couldn't warm up to it. I'm hoping that I'll get the bugs out of my R3 because I think it's got great potential for some 'upgrading'.

Cheers!

6. HellFire

HellFire Legend

Media:
    Featured Threads:
    My high idle went away with the new ignition switch ... that thing cause all kinds of weird problems.
    Welcome.

7. Sidecar Flip

Sidecar Flip Turbocharged

United States
    Media:
    Featured Threads:
    20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
    I ride with a guy who has one and as much as the R3 is different looking, the M is different looking but in a way that's not as easy to look at as the Rocket, at least for me.

There is something about the M that reminds me of Arlen Ness on a bad hair day.

Besides, he can beat me in first gear but it's no contest after I shift to second, not that I make a habit out of that.

8. Wimpy

Wimpy Standard Bore

Featured Threads:
    I had the identical problem while trying to maintain a steady speed, new TPS solved the problem.