New '11 Roadster owner in Utah

JSHRAM

.060 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
Tomorrow my new baby should arrive. I found a low (190 miles) one owner ride to replace my recently wrecked custom baby, a 2001 Honda Valkyrie... dumb deer ran out in front of me at 55mph putting me in the trauma center and almost putting me 6' under the dirt...

But God's not done with me yet, so I'm recovering from a couple serious surgeries (new steel installed making me a true "Iron Man") and insurance paid for the Valkyrie. This means I needed an upgrade.. hence the Rocket 3 Roadster. I'll miss the Valk.. nothing like it out there and a great group of riders.. but I've owned several Triumphs before ('98 Trophy 1200, '96 Daytona 1200, '03 Daytona 955i) and loved them so buying this machine came naturally.

I've already been lurking the site learning about my new baby and wondering what I'll do with her (being a 52 year old machine-head) so I thought I'd dive in and introduce myself properly. Been riding for over 40 years, hardly ever been without a bike. Rebuild them myself, do my own engine work, love SAAB automobiles and re-build them as well.. my garage is a tinker-ers dream... messy, but many projects of the heart.

I think the untapped potential of the Rocket will actually work better with my mindset than the Valk since the Valk motor was pretty much as far as it could go.. this is NOT true with the Rocket, so if I get bored in a couple years.. CARPENTER KIT! Vroom...... but for now I'm going to drool on it until I heal, then just ride it and smile.

Hello from some of the best riding on the planet, Southern Utah.

John

Welcome from another former Valkyrie and now recent R3R owner. Glad you survived Bambi's lack of road savvy. Show or GO; the Rocket III is a great platform to build a "personal ride" from.

Back