Need to get noticed? Install one of these!! Installation help

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
I have actually installed a Stebel Air Horn with the horn facing outward, but I've found that drivers these days are just not paying attention even with this huge ass horn blasting right at them! Just this week I've had people cut me off by merging into my lane or just not looking at all while turning in front of me, even with my horn blasting for 10 seconds straight. I'm looking for new ways to get peoples attention.

So I bought this horn off of Ebay for about 10 bucks. It has a loudness of 150dB. It is INSANELY loud and has all the familiar siren/alarm sounds you are familiar with. The best ones are the "BUZZZ" and the "BWOOOP!" sound you can make. Also, the little hand held part has a speaker button so you can speak into it and yell at the driver!!

I am aware that I shouldn't have this on my bike but I really don't care.... I just want to install on my bike for fun, it was only $10 bucks. I can't figure out the best way to install it, I was hoping some of the smart people this site could recommend mounting options and where. I do have highway bars so that is one possibility.

The wiring I can figure out because its just a simple 12v plug system setup with a positive and negative wire. Easy to do.

Any Suggestions?

sku095362-2-.jpg
sku095362-7-.jpg

Build a vertical mounting platform and put it right in front of the instruments so nothing's blocking the sound ;)
Watch out though, the govt officials don't seem to like flashing blue or red lights, so they probably won't appreciate the sound either ;)

Build a vertical mounting platform and put it right in front of the instruments so nothing's blocking the sound ;)
Watch out though, the govt officials don't seem to like flashing blue or red lights, so they probably won't appreciate the sound either ;)

Yeah I know they don't like that kind of stuff, but I'd be discrete >:) only using the BUZZ or yelling directly into the speaker lol

Ricochet. I can identify with you about being cut off multiple times. Let us know how the speaker system works. Gonna do any karaoke on the road.... :)

I always ride with my high beams on during the day. It helps a lot. I like it when others flash their high beams..... Then I know they see me.

Ricochet. I can identify with you about being cut off multiple times. Let us know how the speaker system works. Gonna do any karaoke on the road.... :)

I always ride with my high beams on during the day. It helps a lot. I like it when others flash their high beams..... Then I know they see me.

Haven't put one on my R3R yet but I always liked my high beams along with a headlight modulator (legal in all 50). I get the occasional flash or middle finger from cagers but that just means they noticed me.

I have actually installed a Stebel Air Horn with the horn facing outward, but I've found that drivers these days are just not paying attention even with this huge ass horn blasting right at them! Just this week I've had people cut me off by merging into my lane or just not looking at all while turning in front of me, even with my horn blasting for 10 seconds straight. I'm looking for new ways to get peoples attention.

So I bought this horn off of Ebay for about 10 bucks. It has a loudness of 150dB. It is INSANELY loud and has all the familiar siren/alarm sounds you are familiar with. The best ones are the "BUZZZ" and the "BWOOOP!" sound you can make. Also, the little hand held part has a speaker button so you can speak into it and yell at the driver!!

I am aware that I shouldn't have this on my bike but I really don't care.... I just want to install on my bike for fun, it was only $10 bucks. I can't figure out the best way to install it, I was hoping some of the smart people this site could recommend mounting options and where. I do have highway bars so that is one possibility.

The wiring I can figure out because its just a simple 12v plug system setup with a positive and negative wire. Easy to do.

Any Suggestions?

sku095362-2-.jpg
sku095362-7-.jpg

HAHA awesome! But the question is: Does it play La cucaracha???? hehhehe

HAHA awesome! But the question is: Does it play La cucaracha???? hehhehe

From his recent experience, to be effective it seems like he would need the live Mariachi band to tap dance on their cage rooves and hoods while playing it ;):D

......................Any Suggestions?

Use the 'Bwhoop" option or master making realistic machine gun noises in the handpiece and mount it in a pannier with holes in it like a sieve or speaker grille to let the sound out and when anyone looks just pretend it didn't come from you. A bit like that 'Who did that, not me' look everyone makes when they fart in a lift.

Should clear a few lanes ahead of you in dense anyway ;):roll::roll::roll::evil:

I had a headlight modulator on one of my Hardleys, but took it off. To much confusion. When coming up behind some people, they would slow, and pull off the road, thinking I was some kind of emergency vehicle or something.

Back