Need ideas for winter projects!

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys.

Well its official, the Rocket has been put away for the winter. It's already on a battery charger.

So with that said, what kind if ideas can you give for winter projects? These are things that I am currently got lined up for days when its horrible outside..

1: Install a thermometer, voltmeter and clock LED guage (somehere) on the bike.. behind the screen?
2: Install Eastern Beaver Headlight Relay
3: Install OBD2 sensor with Android Display for RPM, Speedometer ETC

Basically looking for inexpensive ways to play with the rocket... I've already added 2 12V plugs, 2 USB ports, a GPS ad an Iphone Mount, and an LED strip on my Rad.... Running out of ideas. I dont have money to install new exhausts or wheels or anything like that..

Mine is also tucked away, but I'm able to get it out in the event we have a warm day before the snow starts piling up. I recently added new Triumph windscreen, TORS and a Corbin young guns seat that I rec'd today. The modding is addictive! Not sure what you can do that doesn't cost too much. I got a friend from work fabricating a cross over pipe to replace the collector box. Something to look forward to.

Clean up the rear shocks, perhaps. Nobody will notice but you, but that might be enough. :) http://jokermachine.com/products/hardware/triumph-shock-bolt-dress-up-kit.html

Add a brake light modulator. Should make you more visible when you hit the brakes. http://lakesideelectronics.net/prod...ry/thor-a-programmable-brake-light-modulator/

New braided stainless brake lines? Spiegler and HEL have kits. Better braking, look great.

Tire pressure monitoring? http://www.doranmfg.com/motorcycle-tire-pressure-monitoring-systems.htm

Add an battery feed to hook up your heated gear so you can ride on those days the roads are clear of snow and ice...

I would take the whole bike apart so you can clean every part.

Then put it back together and see how many part you have left that you can't find where they go.

Now your bike is clean and you cut some weight by eliminating unnecessary parts.

Good luck and have fun. LOL

Or just buy some cold weather gear and ride the beast at least twice a month for 5 or 10 miles.

The o rings, gaskets, fuel system, engine, transmission and clutch with thank you for this!!

I'm not breaking your stones but all motorcycles need to be run twice a month under load year round.

Remember just starting your bike and letting it idle is no good.

Thanks and don't take this the wrong way winter is not that long.

1: Install a thermometer, voltmeter and clock LED guage (somehere) on the bike.. behind the screen?
2: Install Eastern Beaver Headlight Relay
3: Install OBD2 sensor with Android Display for RPM, Speedometer ETC.
AFAIK the Roadsters do not benefit from an EB kit as they come with a factory installed equivalent. I remember Triumph issuing an upgrade kit for the first Roadsters.

A Scangauge will give you options 1 and 3 together. You can daisy chain them if you want to display more than 4 things at once.

I would take the whole bike apart so you can clean every part.

Then put it back together and see how many part you have left that you can't find where they go.

Now your bike is clean and you cut some weight by eliminating unnecessary parts.

Good luck and have fun. LOL

Or just buy some cold weather gear and ride the beast at least twice a month for 5 or 10 miles.

The o rings, gaskets, fuel system, engine, transmission and clutch with thank you for this!!

I'm not breaking your stones but all motorcycles need to be run twice a month under load year round.

Remember just starting your bike and letting it idle is no good.

Thanks and don't take this the wrong way winter is not that long.

Of course im not taking it the wrong way! But in reality, its impossible to ride during the winter here. Temperatures dip to far below freezing, and my house is located somewhere where I am physically unable to get it out of my driveway.. 300 meters of dirt road, covered in snow and mud.. not happening. Every bike I've owned I've just added fuel stabilizer, changed the oil and put onto a battery. I've never had a problem with the bike next year starting up, it just fires up and ready to go. I don't start it AT ALL when its hibernating. The last time it was on, will be the last time I start it until April or May... I dont think the transmission or clutch or anything will suffer because of this. At least in my experience with cold winter storage and the half dozen other bikes ive owned this has never been a problem. I wish I could get out more then once a month when its cold. Bike tires were not meant to run at -37c

AFAIK the Roadsters do not benefit from an EB kit as they come with a factory installed equivalent. I remember Triumph issuing an upgrade kit for the first Roadsters.

A Scangauge will give you options 1 and 3 together. You can daisy chain them if you want to display more than 4 things at once.

This is the first I've heard that Roadsters do not need an EB kit. If anything, I would appreciate the brigher light output with power coming straight from the battery... I have trouble seeing at night so if there is any benefit at all to adding brighter bulbs and more light output, its worth it to me!

I'll check out those Scanguages. Thanks!!

That suck with your weather.
I'm quess Im lucky seems like I can get out at least twice a month.
We have salt also I just wait for some rain then take a ride a day or two later.

Back