need help...transmission?

luke11_21

Standard Bore
I bought my 2005 R3 roadster 1 week ago from a dealer 32xxx miles ....we went for a ride today approx 160 miles we was slowing down to make a turn and i down shifted into 2nd gear and the rear tire locked....I got it into neutral and it sounds like theres something broke its clanging and banging .....it moves in 1st gear but when i attempt to shift into 2nd tire locks... and ideas? Im not sure if the dealer will do anything for me but im going to call them in the morning there open on sundays.

output shaft bearing failing?..a known problem on these bikes..whatever caused it, I'm glad it didn't cause ya to crash..get the dealer to tear it down, see what it is and have him or yourself get hold of Triumph corporate and see if they'll cover any of it for ya..

The banging and clanging sounds ...sounds like its coming from where the clutch cable goes into trans in that area anyways

Im hoping the dealer will help me with since I bought it from them last saturday. There a pretty reputable dealership.

..good luck with it..the dealer should be willing to at least tear it down and see what it is..let us know how ya make out as it goes along..sometimes if the dealer calls corporate headquarters (Peter is his name I believe?), they will cover some expenses..especially seeing as how you've only had the bike for a week..

Thanks for your help Budman I just called them and there going to talk to the salesman and contact me back...just waiting to hear back from them.

There coming to pick it up wednesday and putting on there lift thursday. I will keep you posted

Have them put the up-date kit in it. It has a list price of $209 and you get about $2000 worth of parts. Fixes about 8 different known problems with the engine and bike. Part number is T10000009 for silver engines and T10000008 for black engines.

My local Triumph dealer is quoting 16 hours for total install. Baxter's in Marnie, IA. told me they have done so many they can do it in 10 to 12 hours.

Bill.

Have them put the up-date kit in it. It has a list price of $209 and you get about $2000 worth of parts. Fixes about 8 different known problems with the engine and bike. Part number is T10000009 for silver engines and T10000008 for black engines.

My local Triumph dealer is quoting 16 hours for total install. Baxter's in Marnie, IA. told me they have done so many they can do it in 10 to 12 hours.

Bill.
What is in the "Update Kit?"

Back