Need a tune for 2006 R3 with Sam's Thug Exhaust/Headers, K&Ns, no Secondaries

FastR34me

.020 Over
I am new to the tune arena and looking for a good starting place. I am using Tuneboy

I have a 2006 that I am installing Sam's thugs/header (bought used). I have K&Ns and removed the secondaries. The original owner of the thugs use PC I believe and had stock filters/carbs.

Can anyone here be of assistance or offer guidance? I already checked at r3ownwers.com and they suggested .net would be a better place for this request.

Thanks!

Paul McCall

I am new to the tune arena and looking for a good starting place. I am using Tuneboy

I have a 2006 that I am installing Sam's thugs/header (bought used). I have K&Ns and removed the secondaries. The original owner of the thugs use PC I believe and had stock filters/carbs.

Can anyone here be of assistance or offer guidance? I already checked at r3ownwers.com and they suggested .net would be a better place for this request.

Thanks!

Paul McCall
Soory I dont have or use TuneBoy but I have tuneboy tune which is supposed to be an allrounder, I was given it by Andy (BlastedBones over at .com) it would be better than leaving a stock tune in there, if you want to try it send me your e-mail in a "conversation"

Why not put in the tuneboy tune for pipes/triple filters from his website? Free to download and readily available.

Infact.. now that my Tuneboy has arrived, I don't think you would be making a good choice to go with any tune BUT this tune unless you have it custom built and/or a wideband at your disposal.

Last edited:
I have a TuneECU and TuneBoy tune for triple filters with stock pipes. I use PCV with AT, and a map for that from Hanso for the Thugs. It works extremely well. If you have a PCV then I can send the TuneECU tune that i am currently using and the PCV tune with the AT adaptations added to you. Mine is also a 2006 so it should work quite well for you.

Back