Need a mechanic in FLorida?? Help!!

preed0814

.020 Over
I have a R3T 2013. I am looking into putting on Jardines, the triple k and n's, and a power commander. I live in the Tampa Bay area. I'm willing to travel anywhere there's a good mechanic in the area that could do the work and do it right. Does anyone know a good shop in Fl that could handle retuning and install??? Thanks for any help!

call dynojet I just got back from there and added what you are wanting they have it maped all ready from mine and will know of a good shop in your area just be warned it will be a new bike man I love it and it does not seem to have cost me any fule milage see if you can talk to Scott tell him Adam refured you let me know how it goes

Motorcycle Enthusiasts in Spring Hill. Their labor rates are $60 an hour and they specialize in Triumph.

I purchased my 2011 last month at St. Pete Powersports, but they carry quite a few other lines and are a bigger shop and big shops make me leery. ME's is a smaller shop and have had many Rockets. They did the first service on my 2011 and my big girl seemed really happy with the service.

BTW, what K&N's fit the Rocket? I checked their website and they had nothing for our bikes but I've seen them on.

Hey thanks guys! I am new to this site and the triumph world so i appreciate it! Link Removed. This is the site online where i found the trips for sale. Can you guys please answer a question for me that has me confused. When i get the Jardines (they come in Tuesday), and the trip k and n's, or even just the regular k and n, do i have to get a PCv or tuneboy?? Can i just do the remapping and tuning thru tune ecu for free online? Will it be just as good? Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciate the help. I too bought my r3t from St Pete Powersports. I like the supporting the mom and pop places.

Hey thanks guys! I am new to this site and the triumph world so i appreciate it! Link Removed. This is the site online where i found the trips for sale. Can you guys please answer a question for me that has me confused. When i get the Jardines (they come in Tuesday), and the trip k and n's, or even just the regular k and n, do i have to get a PCv or tuneboy?? Can i just do the remapping and tuning thru tune ecu for free online? Will it be just as good? Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciate the help. I too bought my r3t from St Pete Powersports. I like the supporting the mom and pop places.
the options are PCV with AT, a TuneBoy or TuneECU (free and very similar to TuneBoy) I have used TuneECU to correct the ignition timing and several other things and use a PCV with the optional Auto Tune to look after my fueling needs with my own created AFR Table map to suit, if you just bolt on the Jar's and the triple K&N's you will be running excessivly lean

...Greatly appreciate the help. I too bought my r3t from St Pete Powersports....

OMG!! Small world! You were probably the guy that asked about the 2011 R3T and they probably told you that they were holding it for some idiot that was working on his financing... I AM THAT IDIOT!!

If you get a wild hair to check out the shop in Spring Hill, send me a PM and I'll go up there with you. 2 Rockets would terrorize the locals.

We could compare our Rockets!!! ..wait a sec, that just sounded wrong...

Ha! What a small world indeed! When you said 2011 st pete powersports, i was like i wonder if that the guy who stole my rocket. It was a good thing tho because they gave me the 2013 for a steal of a price. So i called the place you recommended today and spoke to a service guy. He was kind enough and said he could do the install. Could you or anybody answer this question. I have decided until i can afford the triples and the pcv with auto tune, i'm going to just do the jardiens with the standard k and n. I asked the service guy there about doing the tune thru tune ecu with a recommended download from this site. He told me they have a tune they use already. How do i know hes doing the right tune? I want to get the most out of this setup until i can get the other mods. Sorry to be long winded. Thx for the help. If i use them lets roll up. Are you doing the ride aug 5th for theo that passed away? If so lets hook up then

Ha! What a small world indeed! When you said 2011 st pete powersports, i was like i wonder if that the guy who stole my rocket. It was a good thing tho because they gave me the 2013 for a steal of a price. So i called the place you recommended today and spoke to a service guy. He was kind enough and said he could do the install. Could you or anybody answer this question. I have decided until i can afford the triples and the pcv with auto tune, i'm going to just do the jardiens with the standard k and n. I asked the service guy there about doing the tune thru tune ecu with a recommended download from this site. He told me they have a tune they use already. How do i know hes doing the right tune? I want to get the most out of this setup until i can get the other mods. Sorry to be long winded. Thx for the help. If i use them lets roll up. Are you doing the ride aug 5th for theo that passed away? If so lets hook up then
Triumph dealers are only allowed to use the Triumph tune and they are crap but let him do it if concerned about warranty you can always load a better tune with TuneECU later, when you get get the PCV with the Auto Tune send me your e-mail address in a PM and I will send you a Map I created which will unleash the the ponies within;) I also have in my libary a good TuneECU tune to suit your set up

Ha! What a small world indeed! When you said 2011 st pete powersports, i was like i wonder if that the guy who stole my rocket. It was a good thing tho because they gave me the 2013 for a steal of a price...

Are you doing the ride aug 5th for theo that passed away? If so lets hook up then

I'm really glad you got a great price on your Rocket. If it's any consolation, I pretty much baby your "other" Rocket. Have not done triple digit speeds (have come REAL close a couple of times :D), no redlining and do a quick wipe down with Plexus at least once a week. I've installed a couple of power sockets, as well as a battery tender pigtail.

I will absolutely be at the ride honoring Theo, he was great guy and I've been very bummed about his passing. I will be on the Bonneville though, it's a much sportier ride. Still easy to spot, there shouldn't be any other Bonneville rider's there.

Hanso, i called and spoke to a rep from online store who sells the trips. He told me i need a pcv with the trips. I cant afford that right now. He also told me replacing the standard filter with a k and n is not worth it. There will be no diff in performance. So what should i do?? Can i buy the trips, use the free tune thru ecu and be sufficiant enough until i can afford pcv? Or should i just go with the underneath k and n ( if its worth it) and the jardiens for now? Thx again for any help! Whatever i decide i will def hit you up for your tune. I've been on this site every night reading endlessly. So i appriciate any direct help

Back